🔶 HiFiMan Arya

They look terrific. :+1:

2 Likes

:thinking:

iu-4

2 Likes

I’m considering an upgrade to the Hifi Arya’s from my 660s with a topping a30pro and d30pro stack. Does anyone know if the stealth edition sound that much different to the v1 or v2, like Josh Valor says in his video? it’s a big jump to a headphone I’ve not heard, and bc of covid no audio stores near me are letting people demo. any input is appreciated!

The Stealth does sound different. How different? I am still comparing them so I will withhold judgement for a little while yet.

2 Likes

Sounds good, I await your findings, good luck!

I have left my opinions and comparison of the Stealth Magnet vs v2 in the Acho Reviews thread here:

2 Likes

I’ll chime in here as I have now owned the Arya SE for a couple of weeks.

Disclaimer is that I have never heard any previous version of these.

I am thoroughly enjoying what this headphone offers. I would never describe the bass as muddled or anything like that. It’s definitely there and sounds lovely to me. It’s a planar so it doesn’t have that DD punch/slam but it still delivers enough for me. Mind you, I enjoy pretty much every genre of music except for country.

I also game quite a bit and find myself turning in game music off while I listen to my own stuff in the background. Still, in gaming the sense of space and imaging is excellent. I’ve heard the stage complaints about this HP and I simply just don’t agree. Not compared to previous Arya’s as I have no experience there…but in a general sense I enjoy the stage.

Not a HP I would buy for gaming considering the cost, just commenting it performs well.

These are being reviewed fairly well so far from the few I have seen out there and I definitely agree! No regrets and these will be heavily used going forward.

For reference, I am powering these with a Jotunheim 2 and Modius stack on balanced.

Hopefully others enjoy them too or find something else that works. Trust your own ears as always!

3 Likes

Coming real soon :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

where will those be available? and what is the mounting solution?

There are 2 options available - double -sided adhesive mounted and flange mounted for your own ring mount. Just check out the link above. Thank you

i don’t facebook. do you have a website or online store of some kind?

Oh sorry, only FB page I have. No worries, you can email me at [email protected] for any order. Thank you.

cool, thanks. when are they going to be available?

I will update once I’ve tested the material I’ve chosed. Or you can basically try your own combination. I’ll get the price structure down later. Can I have your email? I’ll send to you.

Just sharing a quick experience I have had this week with this headphone…

I have had the V3 Arya Stealth version for about 3 weeks now. I have never been a real believer in the idea of “burn in” (I guess I have never experience it before?) but after owning these for 3 weeks, these headphones really opened up for me. The sound stage got wider and deeper. I was not hearing this at first and was kind of surprise as I know folks talked about the V2 having a big sound stage. Anyways, just wanted to add my experience in case anyone else is having the same experience and wondering if it will change …it will give it time.

4 Likes

The stealth magnets as a whole seem to all have pretty big burn in differences. HEKse, 400se, and the HEXs all got noticeably better over time for me. The drivers even sound stiff at first if that’s a thing.

2 Likes

Yea well… I believe it now lol. These are the ones I now grab all the time. Comfy and sound great. All day enjoyment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally. Custom pads is here. Extremely comfortable.

Side by side comparison and sonically too. Enjoy.

11 Likes

Oooh I’m excited after seeing that graph.

1 Like

I was able to audition the Arya V3 a few times now and was really impressed by it. It’s my fav. HP in the sub 2k bracket so far (though I haven’t tried Arya V2, ZMF stuff, HEDD, ADX5k, LCD-X(C) '21, LCD GX, LCD-2F, AKG K872). Hard to find faults, if I had to nitpick, maybe the soundstage could be wider, it could be faster like a Stax.
Hm… one more thing… I guess it could look like a Verite Ironwood :wink:

2 Likes