🔶 HiFiMan Arya

Give them time to settle/burn in, they do change to be more dynamic and more layered over time, IMO.

Saw your post. Arya has a much larger soundstage and presentation than Sundara. They also have more inner detail and have deep, detailed bass. They are a tad tight and bright out of the box but this improves with time and burn in, along with vocal and instrumental layering, IMO. When they’re well played in and on good recordings vocals and instruments can take on a physical quality and texture can be felt. Really impressive at times.

Wow, even bigger stage, huh? Hard to imagine. I didn’t think Sundara was bright, but definitely much too thin. Hopefully Arya sounds more vivid & meaty, at least.

Is a JDS Element 2 enough for the Arya? It does get loud enough on high gain mode but is the headphone well driven?
Thanks

probably want a warmer source like a class A or tubes or hybrids

Ok but in terms of power ,is it enough ?

With 1.3W at 32 ohms, it should be just enough in terms of power.

1 Like

I don’t think it will power them to their full potential, higher-end hifimans scale A LOT with extra power.

2 Likes

Hello!

I’ve had Arya for half a year from now. I drove them almost all the time with an ifi micro black label as an dac / amp. I like this HP, but I can’t find the big soundstage that everybody is talking about, even in tubo mode - 4 Watt / channel.

I am also very familiar with fidelio x2 hr, and x2 has much bigger soundstage, like double IMO.
I expected the Arya to have an SS at least equal to x2, if not even bigger, especially since many people compare it to that of the sennheiser hd800.

Today I had a WTF moment when I put Arya straight through an samsung A51 jack. Yes, I lost a small part of resolution, a small part of bass and subbass control, but i gain 80-90 % of x2 soundstage and a very good separation :astonished:

For 6 months I had the impression that I needed a more powerful amplifier with a high current gain to open up the soundstage… but this mother f##### phone ruin my day…
Especially since I like an realistic ss ,imaging and timbre reproduction from the headphones. And I bought Arya for that …

Can anyone confirm that he has the same experience with micro black label and Arya? (small SS)

1 Like

Perhaps your perception of soundstage is different to other people’s

Different amps and different sources can sound different - if the HP can resolve them. Of course SS width, depth, and height is different than instrument separation and transparency. Also the Aryas need time to settle/burn in and Hifiman recommends 180hrs. Could be that yours just did. Happy listening.

I think you simply don’t have good enough gear for them to pop, sadly. I tried Clear with lower end equipment(d50s+ATOM), and they did not sound amazing at all. (I blame the headphone for this, ultimately) I would suggest upgrading your DAC, to notice the most soundstage increase, such as a Bifrost 2, then upgrade your amp to something at G111 / MLP / RNHP level later.

1 Like

The best I’ve heard so far. Fantastic headphone.
Pairing with Cayin IHA-6 and Denafrips Ares II.

8 Likes

Welcome to HFGF and thanks for sharing this (and on the Ares II thread). I believe I’ve interacted with you elsewhere, hope you find it a friendly and helpful place here.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the sound between OS and NOS? I found OS to be a little softer and NOS to be more energetic/peppy/lively.

Woops! I got turned around. If you reply do so on the Ares II thread, please. Lol.

1 Like

Thanks man. Glad I join the Arya gang. Truly special is a headphone. Did we? Sorry I can’t recall but good to know man.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve put my impression on Ares thread. Thanks.

1 Like

What is that boss cable? Less than $300?

1 Like

That Kimber Kable my friend. USD400 with all the plugs and service. 1.5m, adapters are excluded.
You can choose furutech or helix plugs, lead time 3 to 4 weeks.

Super endgame cable from the looks of it. Wow.

1 Like