🔶 HiFiMan Arya

New addition, Premium Full Grain Leather X Honeycomb Mesh Series NMD Custom Pads.

2 Likes

For those wondering, “Comparison” here.

3 Likes

Experience shared by a client.

"I’ve been listening to them for a couple of days trying to get used to the new sound signature.

Comfort wise they are fantastic.

Design wise, I was surprised to see that they are angled forward much more than the original pads (i.e. the difference in thickness between front and back) - that definitely has an impact on sound profile. May be worth highlighting.

Sound wise, they sound great, except that they increase some treble around the 6-8k range and creating some sibilance. This is something I didn’t have with original pads that is a downside. I’m waiting a few more days to get accustomed and see if this goes away. I am generally not treble sensitive, but this is notable. The bass is very good with a hint of added texture. Sound stage is comparable (which is good, as it needed no fixing).

Generally positive overall, with one aspect of sibilance that I need to see how goes."

The Follow Up

"Yes, and It’s Great

i’d some it up like this - it’s a luxury purchase, that probably most people that buy a headphone at the 1-1.5k shouldn’t afford (it costs about $200 delivered vs. $50-100 of other known brand competitors). But it definitely feels VERY luxurious, super comfortable, and now that I’ve gotten used to it also sounds great.

So I’m happy I got it!! great job man. I’m curious, are you making these yourself? I never came across your brand before, is this a new startup? happy to give you a good plug."

Notable Mentioned.

"Thanks :slight_smile: I just replaced the EL34 tubes last week to fatty looking ones (Sophia Electronics), and also happens to sound great.

This definitely feels very luxurious, hand made item. One can tell this is quality. Just like picking up any high end product, it comes across immediately. The pads are VERY thick and wide, just as comfortable as any pads I put on. This enough would be worth it.

As to tonality, I love the Arya V2’s stock pad tonality, so wasn’t looking to fix anything (I like it better than the Stealth; and I also have the Susvara, and find the Arya V2 is different enough that I like keeping it). The good thing about the pads, frankly, is that they keep the original tonality more or less unchanged. One thing that is very notable, is that the pads are angled much more dramatically. The resulting change that I could note is that tredble around the 6-8k Hrz is elevated. This initially resulted in sibilance to my ears that I didn’t hear before. I did get used to it so it’s fading. I suspect that, to some, that slight increase in treble may be perceived as an increased sound stage, so it may prove to be a plus, depending on who listens to it.

I’d recommend it to someone that feels simply like splurging. That’s what this purchase feels like, and - sometimes - that’s good in and off itself :slight_smile: "

Photo credit by Mr. Eyal S.

1 Like

*Gentle reminder to all NMD Custom Pads owner, remember to keep your leather pads healthy and hydrated :+1:t2:

1 Like

Back for more mod and production.

1 Like

Type E #NMDCustomPads

1 Like

Here is a brief comparison of the 2 most asked NMD Custom Pads vs Stock Pads.
Measurement was taken with The MiniDSP EARS - RAW: No headphone compensation.

1 Like

Eagerly waiting for my Naim Uniti Atom Headphone edition here, got a loan unit from the shop Standard Atom.

Running 3.5mm SE. Warm Neutral, resemblance the iFi Gryphon sound signature. Very nice.

3 Likes

Finally arrived. Naim Uniti Atom HE

Impressive unboxing experience.
Quality through out. Even the stock power cable is so well made.

First impression.
1st, I’m blinded by the aesthetics.
2nd, Sound so musical and fantastic and I totally forgotten it is only 1.5W…
3rd, Easily run my Arya at best or even better than my previous setup with 7W output, gotta admit but true.

Somehow the app run way snappier than the previous Uniti Atom. Definitely better the 3.5mm output from it.

Letting it burn in now…till I hear it again tomorrow.
Will try the preout to my power amp as well.
Absolutely recommended.

3 Likes

To the people here owning or having listened to both the Arya and the Ananda. How much better does the Arya sound compared to the Ananda (as I know there are diminishing returns)? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi,
i listended to both Ananda Stealth and Arya Stealth.
Ananda Stealth is much better for the money, but has worse timbre compared to Arya.
The Comfort is worse aswell. I had immediate headaches after putting on the Ananda.
Weight has increased by alot and the only way for me fix these problems, was to use NTRAX Pads.
To summarize: Buy Ananda if money is a concern for you, otherwise buy the Arya if comfort and better timbre is important to you. Hope that answers your questions.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with NTRAXMOD in any way, but to anyone looking to aleviate the pressure on their head be it Ananda or Arya and Edition XS, buy his Pads.
I bought 2 Pairs of the same Earpads from him and everytime he delivered.
Sound changes of course, but is easily fixable with a bit of eq, I personally do no eq.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot ! Will take your feedback into consideration :slight_smile:

You can take this as a reference on the custom pads.

@Corug thanks for your support and feedback :+1:

2 Likes

TYPE A, have the widest and deepest cavity among the NMD Custom Pads.

What You May Like: Wider Soundstage, Better Separation and Detail. Deep Bass Extension.
Spacious. Pin-Point Imaging.

What You May Not Like: Laid Back Mids, Brighter Upper Mids and Forward Treble.

3 Likes

The Black Friday Sale has begun!
All NMD Custom Pads are available with up to 20% discount for a limited time only.

10% off on your orders, plus an additional 10% off if you share this post, like NTRAX MOD Design page, and name three friends in the comments.

NMD Custom Pads types:
Hifiman HE Series
Hifiman Sundara
Hifiman Ananda, XS, Arya, HE1K
Audeze LCD 2, 2C, X, XC, 3, 4, 5

Full customizable from size, material and color.
Leadtime 2 to 3 weeks.
All orders are subject to shipping charges.
Items are shipped via DHL Express
Payment available PayPal only for International.
Bank Transfer for Malaysian citizens only.

#NMDCustomPads #HifimanPads #AudezePads #BlackFridaySale

1 Like

Arya Organic (v4). Impedance goes down to 16 Ohm.

7 Likes

These look very interesting. However, I have a definite idea of what I want to buy next, and it isn’t anything Chinese. It’s tough, though, because except for a couple, these other companies are Hell-bent on pricing themselves right out of the game. So I will stay disciplined and save a bit longer. I’m actually at a point where I can wait.

3 Likes

I might try it out if my local store decides to carry it, but I have not been using my Arya Stealth lately so no hurry here. My next headphone purchase will probably be SJY Starry Night open back once he releases it.

2 Likes

What intrigue me is the statement from their site : Working with this advanced material is extremely challenging yet the successful incorporation of this film as the HE1000se’s planar driver is the cornerstone of its remarkable sound.

It has the same diafragm as HEKse ? I doubt … doesn’t match with impedance or sensivity. ( Arya Organic 16 ohm/94db vs hekse 32 ohm/96db) . Or maybe I misunderstood this statement!?

No, I don’t think you did, that is the way I read it too. Of course, it’s no big secret that the Chinese are known to stretch facts if it serves their purposes. Not that they are exclusive to this type of behavior, but they are healthy practitioners. Which is one of the main reasons I don’t want to buy Chinese gear any longer if I can help it.

2 Likes