šŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

The XS does every single thing better than the ananda. Everything.

5 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m gonna post my feelings this upcoming weekend but if my set is the standard of quality youā€™ve got nothing to worry about.

With regards to sound? Iā€™ll also get into more detail this weekend but at this point theyā€™re replacing my Sundara as my daily driverā€¦

2 Likes

As Iā€™m currently waiting for E30/L30, all I have for now is a baby Fiio E17K, which I keep hooked up to my Macbook. So far Iā€™ve listened to a few tracks of various genres and oh boy, never have i felt so alive. The instrument separation is outstanding and the sound is very crisp and refined. Given the lack of expertise in the field, I canā€™t confidently speak of other parameters, but I have a feeling I wonā€™t touch any other headphones in a while now.

I have a somewhat average head (23in/58cm) and the headset doesnā€™t slip off when I move my head around at any direction or angle. It also feels pretty lightweight for its size.

2 Likes

If instead of stretching the cups apart you bind them together tightly overnight you can increase the clamp force if you want but you kinda gotta bind them where the swivel point is above the cups.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take that advise and give Douk a shot, also thank you very much for all your previous feedback regarding this headset, as Iā€™ve relied on it a lot when I placed an order.

2 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Douk U2 pro with upgraded clocks - need explanation

I passed on AliExpress, despite the discounts. Iā€™m looking at Hifigo right now. Does anyone have a discount code? I only found: HIFIGO5

nothing more than $5 off that I know of

1 Like

bit surprised that someone who ordered from hifigo got an opened box.
wouldnā€™t be keen on that happening if I bought from there. annoying to deal with some overseas company about things like that.

1 Like

Hey,

Yeah that I suspect is my pair, I posted it. I believe my pair could be from the unboxing video they shot.

Otherwise feels new to me in all ways besides that. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I think nothing of it. All others received theirs sealed so hopefully that doesnā€™t repeat itself as now they donā€™t have a motive left to do that again.

But it all boils down to your confidence, I think it would be ok to order from Hifigo now - probably a one-off thing I believe.

Most of us who ordered from there was I think because of fast shipping, and mostly early buyers. You could try elsewhere if you think you can wait, and also save money, off of Ali Express. But I donā€™t think there should be a problem now wherever you choose to buy from as the round of initial purchases is over.

1 Like

Hi all,

I couldnā€™t resist after going through this thread and just ordered a pair on Aliexpress. I have the Ananda & 2020 Sundara to compare them to when they arrive.

Iā€™m not sure about the headband as I like the suspended type on the Ananda but I guess I have the option to swap them around if needed. Is it just a case of loosening the serrated fixings that fix the yokes to the cups or do I have to venture internally to dismantle?

4 Likes

Hello. Good to know!

I canā€™t comment on the last revision suspension headband, but Iā€™ve experienced the OG headband (4XX one), the He1000/Edition X/400i style one and this new Deva/2020, 2021 one. Itā€™s not bad - actually feels like the most reasonable one so far.

I donā€™t feel have hotspot issues with this, any dorky looking issues (I actually had hotspot issues with the second gen He400i suspension strap and swapped that out with a Steelseries strap).

The padding on the new headband is also sufficient, albeit a bit stiff, but sufficient. Plus it swivels/contours nicely enough, and I like the mechanism used here.

Itā€™s not going to be very easy changing the headband - youā€™d have to dive inside for it, @Pokrog and I dived in, and well he went ahead taking it out and I guess had issues putting it back on cuz thereā€™s just a tinyass washer inside holding the screw and tightening it back again is going to be quite an issue - the outside screw crown also has itā€™s own design so youā€™d have to find the right tool to grip it or it may wear off which will have quite some cosmetic damage to it.

TL;DR I expect youā€™d be happy with this stock headband and wonā€™t feel the need to change it.

1 Like

Itā€™s not going to be very easy changing the headband - youā€™d have to dive inside for it

Uggh!..thanks for that. You have succeeded in talking me out of trying a swap - Iā€™m averse to anything north of easy unless it is absolutely necessary :grin:

Hopefully the existing headband will be fine for me.

1 Like

Greetings, would really like to know how does it perform on an L30 amp since that is the one Iā€™ll be buying as well

Decided to get in to this hype train, ordered one today on Aliexpress, at GZZB store. I hope they will be on par or better than my DT 1990. It will be my first planars:)
What do you think guys, i prefer it to 1990?;)))

My chain is: Smsl d1se->Topping A30 pro-> 1990(currently the best headphones i ever heard, im craving for upgrade)

1 Like

I expect them to be better than your 1990s. Surely.
They may be missing a bit in the details maybe, and amount of bass (but not texture), but otherwise should be better.

BTW a very FINE pick for your first planar. Should be your last. Surely are my last.

I think we must all try to keep our urges under control and max out early on, otherwise the rabbit hole is too damn deep.

7 Likes

44/16 is the max resolution.

Iā€™m lucky to own a pure silver USB cable (after trying 4 DIY, 3 commercial) and its always killed any challenger for clarity and a calm hi endā€¦

YMMV

Max resolution for what?

According to the sheet I read put out by Douk on the U2, thats the max it passes through.

I think that is probably an old firmware limitation or something because mine has no problem outputting 24/384.