šŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

Hello. Good to know!

I canā€™t comment on the last revision suspension headband, but Iā€™ve experienced the OG headband (4XX one), the He1000/Edition X/400i style one and this new Deva/2020, 2021 one. Itā€™s not bad - actually feels like the most reasonable one so far.

I donā€™t feel have hotspot issues with this, any dorky looking issues (I actually had hotspot issues with the second gen He400i suspension strap and swapped that out with a Steelseries strap).

The padding on the new headband is also sufficient, albeit a bit stiff, but sufficient. Plus it swivels/contours nicely enough, and I like the mechanism used here.

Itā€™s not going to be very easy changing the headband - youā€™d have to dive inside for it, @Pokrog and I dived in, and well he went ahead taking it out and I guess had issues putting it back on cuz thereā€™s just a tinyass washer inside holding the screw and tightening it back again is going to be quite an issue - the outside screw crown also has itā€™s own design so youā€™d have to find the right tool to grip it or it may wear off which will have quite some cosmetic damage to it.

TL;DR I expect youā€™d be happy with this stock headband and wonā€™t feel the need to change it.

1 Like

Itā€™s not going to be very easy changing the headband - youā€™d have to dive inside for it

Uggh!..thanks for that. You have succeeded in talking me out of trying a swap - Iā€™m averse to anything north of easy unless it is absolutely necessary :grin:

Hopefully the existing headband will be fine for me.

1 Like

Greetings, would really like to know how does it perform on an L30 amp since that is the one Iā€™ll be buying as well

Decided to get in to this hype train, ordered one today on Aliexpress, at GZZB store. I hope they will be on par or better than my DT 1990. It will be my first planars:)
What do you think guys, i prefer it to 1990?;)))

My chain is: Smsl d1se->Topping A30 pro-> 1990(currently the best headphones i ever heard, im craving for upgrade)

1 Like

I expect them to be better than your 1990s. Surely.
They may be missing a bit in the details maybe, and amount of bass (but not texture), but otherwise should be better.

BTW a very FINE pick for your first planar. Should be your last. Surely are my last.

I think we must all try to keep our urges under control and max out early on, otherwise the rabbit hole is too damn deep.

7 Likes

44/16 is the max resolution.

Iā€™m lucky to own a pure silver USB cable (after trying 4 DIY, 3 commercial) and its always killed any challenger for clarity and a calm hi endā€¦

YMMV

Max resolution for what?

According to the sheet I read put out by Douk on the U2, thats the max it passes through.

I think that is probably an old firmware limitation or something because mine has no problem outputting 24/384.

For those who ordered from Aliexpress: did you get/are you receiving proper updates about the shipping? Mine is stuck to ā€œPending shipping by the sellerā€ since Nov 30. By the way, does this mean that basically only the label has been created to this point?

1 Like

Same problem. Contacted them and mentioned your earlier post. They told me everything is okay and they will ship this weekā€¦ Sureā€¦

Thinking about canceling, again, and order on hifigoā€¦

Ordered a Tripowin granvia cable on Linsoul a week ago, not shipped yet either. Guess Iā€™m unlucky recently.

1 Like

Cancel is not so easy on ali, seller should approve this cancel.usualy they have 10 days to ship the order, if order not shipped - i recommend to open the dispute and ask for full money return. Even in case if they provide fake track. Im ordered this headphones too, but only 24h ago, seller told me that he will be able to ship in next 7 days, so i waiting for track until next Friday

2 Likes

After another complaint, this is what I was told today:

The parcel was picked by the aliexpress courier, they are aliexpress warehouse, because of the outbreak, the parcel is waiting for flight

I was given a tracking number on Nov 30 so I cannot cancel anymore. After Dec 10 Iā€™ll be able to open a dispute.

Guys please be careful with Ali shops, i usually choose not by the cheapest price, it can be risky! I see to registration date and overall rating, rating could be 94-95, but registration date should be at least several years.

4 Likes

Ne panikuy :slight_smile:

As I stated earlier above, I ordered from GZZB and got my headset in 2 weeks. Placed an order on 15th, double checked with them on 17th (since order was sitting in wait_seller_send_goods status), they replied ā€œwe will send them out todayā€. From that point status did change and eventually package started crawling my way. So itā€™s all legit, they just must have gotten too many orders during the week of BF to deal with.

Speaking of electricxiaomi, I happened to order EDXS from them, too, for my friend in Kazakhstan, and itā€™s already on the way. Hereā€™s a proof:

4 Likes

Ahah, ne panikuy soldat! Everything ok man, greetings from Kyiv;)

2 Likes

Just got my tracking number too. Letā€™s see if it moves through the stations soon or if its just a label printed out somewhere.

Seems like it comes over the Netherlands to Germany. Maybe Iā€™m lucky and I donā€™t have to pay VAT, got them for $400 then. With VAT it would be $530ā€¦ (damn highwayman)

1 Like

I see from the communication that the headphones are coming from an Aliexpress central warehouse & not the store you order from. I figured that was the case when I checked out a number of different stores and they all showed over 900 pieces available.

Sometimes you just have to be patient with AliExpress. I ordered an item a couple weeks ago, and the seller used some kind of untrackable shipping method. Even though I had a tracking number there were never any updates until it went through US customs.

Parcels is good for tracking, you just put in your tracking number and it checks all the possible carriers.

1 Like

What dac/amp would you recommend for EDXS that would really drive these badboys? Probably around $200 - $300 for the stack. Havenā€™t had a single dac/amp combo. I have an existing Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 that I use for my miccrophone, wondering if this would be a good dac for starter, so I would only need a good amp