šŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

definitely amp lol. swoop these hardly touched for $300 in a year.

Should need a lot of power, just 92dB of sensitivity.

Amp, amp, amp, ampā€¦

Probably get them from the chinese market and then resell them internationally

Hopefully theyā€™ll be hitting the International markets soon, quite intrigued by them.

HiFiGoā€™s price includes premium shipping to almost anywhere. It seems like in order to make any profit, they must be getting them directly from HFM at wholesale prices.

1 Like

Has anyone in the States bought from hifigo? How long does it take them to send tracking? I ordered yesterday

usually a couple days and then about 2 weeks to be delivered

2 Likes

I ordered on Saturday, hasnā€™t shipped yet.

Not sure how fresh this list is. They have Techhouse on that list but it is also on authorized Slovakia dealers list. I know that shop and it is legit. HIFI Sluchadla is the sub-brand of that shop. So looks like Hifiman information qc issue.

HiFiGo sent my tracking number this morning, a little over a week after I ordered. They were waiting on more stock. Not complaining, just letting you guys know there could be a bit of a delay if you order from them.

3 Likes

8 Likes

First impressions is very reminiscent of the og edition x with more punch in the bass. Driver seems a little stiff but I usually think of that as a good thing and the bass is way more impactful than all of the lower end Hifiman models. These are outstanding full stop. Also they arenā€™t all that easy to drive. Almost identical in volume on my soloists power curve to the gl2k(60ohm 99db sensitivity). Comfort worried me with the newer style headband but on oval cans itā€™s not nearly as problematic. Clamp force is a bit much for me but not crazy. More testing is needed, only heard 3 songs so far. Gaming test will be when I get time but I can already tell with some of my test songs that these are at the very least very good. Really well rounded. Iā€™d love to see a frequency response chart. Pads are also really stiff but they at least seal pretty good. Maybe itā€™s just been a while since Iā€™ve used fresh hifiman oval pads though.

12 Likes

Thanks for the impressions. I believe underneath the padding the headband is metal, so if the clamp is too strong you should be able to bend it a bit.

I have a habit of overdoing it with the bending so Iā€™m just gonna pull the pads off and put them over a box when Iā€™m not using them. Itā€™s not like brutal itā€™s just definitely a bit to much clamp for my noggin.

Canā€™t wait to get mine. Got the tracking yesterday

Little more to add: soundstage handling is phenomenal. Seems every bit as big as the OG Arya (though I am going from memory) without having some stuff seem exaggerated. Just massive and I think I want to say noticeably bigger than the Anandas. Significantly more controlled than I ever thought they were going to be for the price. Imaging doesnā€™t seem to have any downsides, in fact rear positioning is surprisingly good for a hifiman in the sub $1500 range. Tuning seems more along the lines of HEKv2 with a pretty noticeable bump in the bass and itā€™s very welcomed vs the traditional flat but very detailed bass hifiman usually has on the low end of their price range. I havenā€™t pinpointed where that bass bump is but I did have one song I listen to seem unusually punchy in a good way compared to most of the planars I have on hand. I was scared that my hopes were too high for these headphones but theyā€™re doing exactly what I thought they would. Theyā€™re pretty incredible. They even sound really good on more reference tuned amps. Put them on my a90 and they still have plenty of character. On the burson soloist theyā€™re just super fun. People not wanting to dive too far down the planar rabbit hole after being disappointed with lackluster bass in sub $1000 planars should give these a serious consideration. I am just dying to see the frequency response and waterfall graphs for these. Kinda seems like a hifiman for people that arenā€™t the biggest fan of the usual hifiman tuning. These are significantly better than Anandas. I kinda want someone with Aryas to do an A/B comparison. I think I like how these are tuned better than Aryas and the timbre is much more natural and not shouty while still having that sparkle and detail up high. The more I think about it these really seem like a baby HEKv2.

12 Likes

please more mr pokrog!!

Ok I do more testing after work. Give me some test tracks to test with and Iā€™ll tell you what I think.

for sure! maybe if you can compare to another headphone just to give an idea, but anything helps at this point

Raavan | Dussehra Song | Amit Trivedi feat. Shilpa Rao, Anand Bhaskar (slam)

An old French tune (by Georges Brassens) | Pomplamoose ft. John Schroeder (voice and soundstage)

Yosi Horikawa - Bubbles (soundstage and imaging)

Mendelssohn: Songs Without Words, Op 67, No 2 (texture check)

Howlā€™s Moving Castle - Merry go round of Life cover by Grissini Project (dynamics)

TES V Skyrim Soundtrack - From Past to Present i just love this song (try to search a better quality in your streaming app pls ^ this is shit)

YOSHU FUKUSHU - Maximum The Hormone (do they hold nicely some metal?)

NIGHTWISH - The Phantom Of The Opera (vocals, harmonics, separation)

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd do you cry hearing these? if not, not worth the buy

Gilberto Gil - Doralice (some bossa nova)

Elis Regina & Adoniran Barbosa - Tiro ao Ɣlvaro (classical samba)

sorry for the long list, do how many of them you want!