šŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

iā€™m just going to keep your formatting for simplicity (iā€™m lazy)

6 Likes

How would you compare them to the HE6seā€™s?

I am guessing much easier to drive?

so the XS has a more incisive punch, way more soundstage (width, depth, and height), they take about 1/3 of the power, and are way more forgiving on sources. overall a lot more fun natural tuning. vocals seem a tad more intimate, a little fuller, and almost makes me notice that hifiman dip in the he6 more. timbre is about even, very natural. he6 has better sub bass rumble, detail (but not by much), macrodynamics (but the he6 just outstanding for that). XS has very very good imaging and with the soundstage size it makes it have a bit more noticeable separation in distant instruments than the he6. rear imaging on the XS is phenomenal and kind of reminds me of more of an audeze soundstage than a hifiman, honestly, but bigger.

hmmā€¦just tried a couple rumbly songs and the XS does have pretty decent rumble to it as well. idk man, these things are just surprising me more and more.

6 Likes

Mr. Pokrog, thank you for your view on those, just absurdly attencious and detailed, youā€™re the best! can i talk to you in pm for some more questions?

absolutely. throw me a dm.

1 Like

Currently sold out on Hifigo. The only place to get rn is Aliexpress for US.

Thanks for your impressions mate. I will try to get these. But will have to wait i recently got a sweet deal on Shure SE846.

minor update. just randomly decided to plug these into an xbox controller for shits and giggles. they arenā€™t quite as loud as i personally usually game with but for people that donā€™t play with very high volume like i do, this is almost doable. if you have a quiet environment and donā€™t listen loud, this is almost doable, though you get no micā€¦if you have dolby atmos and crank the eq up across the board i bet itā€™s loud enough

Nice to meet you all, Iā€™ve had my set for abt 2 weeks now and Iā€™m slightly tempted to return them. I CANNOT STAND THE COMFORT of these things, the clamp force is wayy too low which ends up giving me a hotspot on my head after 1-2 hours of listening, it doesnā€™t help that the pads are stiff as shit.
Iā€™ve also noticed some minor build issues with my pair, the left ear cup requires more force to tilt the cups which is not the case with my 400is. Both cups also had a dent (see pic) .
I canā€™t comment on the sound as I do not have a good reference point of ā€œgoodā€ sound and do not want to provide bad/inaccurate information. What I can say is that I do like the sound but I canā€™t stand the comfort.

2 Likes

Odd. The clamp force on mine are way too much for me. Pads are very stiff but overall comfort isnā€™t horrible for my head size but I do wish they swiveled a bit more. You have a tiny head or is mine just huge?

I would say I have an average sized head.

Has someone measured these?, I just want a big hifiman without a nasty treble peak x.x

This is why I joined the planar IEM club

Nope, no measurements so far.

Sold me on these. Sounds exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for. A more bassy Hifiman with a decent design. Excited to try them now.

The Drop Edition XX is almost the exact same specs.
I wonder if they used the Drop XX Driver and just added the new headband.
That would certainly be easier to do then designing a new Driver ā€¦as this way there is no real R&D to drive up the cost, which may explain the low cost of the XS.

Lets seeā€¦"weā€™ll use the Drop XX Driver, and put on a new headband, and sell it with Stealth magnets, and call it ā€œNEWā€.

Could it be soā€¦ or is that too ā€¦cleverā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t think theyā€™ve been hoarding XX drivers for years, so they could slightly modify them, pass it off as a new design and sell them for less. Apparently, the lower price is the result of more efficient manufacturing.

1 Like

Wonā€™t be surprised. They have been Stealth magnet modifying everything recently, like the 400se, 1000se, arya etc.

Is this meant to be the successor of edition X or Ananda?

As i said.
If we think it throughā€¦and we know that the Drop XX Driverā€™s Existā€¦and if you take 34 seconds to compare the Drop XX specs to the ā€œnewā€ XS specs, youā€™ll see that that are basically identical.

How did that happen?
Is it luck?
Hummmmmmm.
See, there is always slight variations between units.
In other words, you can take a brand new Audeze LCD-5, and compare it to another brand new Audeze LCD5, and they wonā€™t match perfeclty, but they will have similar tolerances.
So, is it just LUCK that the XS Driver, is nearly identical to the already created XX Drop Driver?
You seem to think that its not possible that a Chinese Company would use old tech in a new box. :slight_smile:

And just so you know.
Mine will arrived on Wed, Nov 3rd.
They are sitting in Customs, in Alaska, as i write this to you.

ok, iā€™m out.