šŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

Please more sound details, can you compares with some other headphone also.
Thanks!

Speaking specifically running the XS off the MT-602. My impressions of the XS on my digital setup with Asgard3 are posted above.

This is my turntable setup
U-turn->Grado black with 8mz->Schiit Mani->MT-602 with the vintage Sylvania tubes
I normally use my AeonRT closed in this setup to block ambient sound.
The XS sounds bigger with a larger soundstage. Theres more airyness and highend extention, but without being fatiguing. Keep in mind the Aeon has great soundstage especially for a closed back. The XS might be considered a little bass light, but what it has is quality.

The build, fit and comfort of the Aeon is light years ahead of the XS, or most headphones for that matter. And there is something to the sound of the Aeon that keeps brining me back to it. The XS is a fantastic addition to my collection, but if I had to pick one to use for an extended period of time its still my Aeon RTC.

I just ordered directly from Hifiman via their taobao platform, my order was sent out within 2 days and has just reached my freight forwarderā€™s warehouse. So I donā€™t think theyā€™re low on stock.

1 Like

Hmmm then I wonder WTH is really going on.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m being philosophical about my experience. Iā€™ve been pretty lucky with my online ordering over the years without any real issues and that includes a couple of previous orders through Aliexpress.

What I object to with Electricxiaomi Store is the fact that despite paying an additional AUD 79.32 for DHL, they were going to just send via normal post and it only came to light when I questioned it. I understand that freight rates might have risen after placing the order but they didnā€™t tell me or try to work something out. When the issue was finally broached and they asked me for ANOTHER $80.00 to send via DHL, I refused and told them to either:

1. Send via normal post and refund my original $79.32
  2. Cancel the order

They chose to cancel the order?

Interestingly, on their site they have now increased their DHL rate by AUD 48.00 which is still $32 less than the extra $80 they tried to scam out of me.

All good - I will get my money back eventually and I have raised a dispute with PayPal. I will wait for HiFiGo to get stock before trying again. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

thatā€™s so scummy of them. it really sucks to hear how hard it is for people to get these and i hate that itā€™s putting a bad first impression of them out there just solely due to the fact that getting them is a nightmare and the price keeps going upā€¦

1 Like

I think the correct seller behaviour in this situation, will be: to told the truth as soon as possible to the customers and cancel the orders, return money and explain the situation. In my scenario, my seller just answer me - ok and no any other words. My shipping is still ā€œpending by the sellerā€

You are lucky, that your order is cancelled, they donā€™t want to cancel my, here is AliExpress support response:

So no cancel option for me is unavailable currently as far as i understand;))) I will wait to 16th(Because seller created track on 6th, but i purchased days earlier) of December, and if track will be still pending - i will start the support war(through the dispute) to turn my money back, lol:) :rofl:

I had similar issues with another store on ali, but they messaged me right away and suggested to close my order based on ā€œother reasonsā€ or pay additional shipping fees, because shipping suddenly became more expensive for them. What I found curious is that they had lower shipment fees on that listing than their competitors. I guess some ali shops just canā€™t update shipment costs fast enough. No excuse for that electricxiaomi storeā€™s behavior obviously

1 Like

Well itā€™s not cancelled yet - status is shown as ā€œfrozenā€ but still showing a tracking number. They say it is with some local carrier and they are waiting for it to be returned. Aliexpress gave me the same crap as it shows a tracking number. Iā€™ll give it a few more days before taking up with Aliexpress again.

I donā€™t expect this to be sorted out in a hurryā€¦Cā€™est La Vie

1 Like

For anyone who ordered via electricxiaomi or GZZB on AliExpress and have a cancelled tracking number itā€™s most probably being transfered to another carrier as mine did.

Ask the store for the updated tracking number, mine got transferred to 4PX.
The seller said there was an issue with the magnetic scanning so it was transfered to ā€œspecial goods lineā€, hopefully this arrives a little faster than the original shipping method.
Getting plenty of updates with the new tracking method.
The original tracking numbers cancellation time/date and new tracking creation time/date is the same so the tracking looks legit.

I managed to get mine for USD$376 but had to pay 10% import tax, Australia >=(
Total was USD$419 delivered.

Massive thank you to the original reviewers Pokrog, FullBright1, ATK (sorry if I missed anyone, you too) & all new reviews coming through, I was just about to pull the trigger on a pair of Sundaraā€™s after waiting months for Black Friday to drop.

2 Likes

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY 19th??? That is insane. It is not Modhouse building each headphone.

You must really want these bad.

1 Like

back in stock at HifiGo

2 Likes

BTW, can any of you guys tell me if this cable can be modded to balanced (3.5mm input to 4-pin XLR)?

I believe this is the same cable that comes with the He-4XX. Iā€™m fine with it and I donā€™t particularly hate it.
Anyone try and see if it has 3 conductors down the Y-split or 4?
I know if itā€™s 3 then itā€™s pointless.
But I donā€™t want to ruin it to check out, so if anyone knows anything or has a different hunch, would help.

HIFIMAN

So that youā€™d hack off the single 3.5mm end off and solder on a 4-pin XLR termination? Iā€™d just so sooner buy this and maintain this cable intact for non-balanced applications.

2 Likes

Can anyone recommend a good balanced cable for the XS?
Have never owned one before.
Amazon would be best.

What source gear are you plugging into? There are multiple options for balanced plugs.

Entry level setup to begin with. ifi zen dac v2 ā†’ PC
The zen dac has a balanced output. Pentaconn 4.4mm
Unbalanced output is 6.3mm

Will look at other gear down the track if needed, Iā€™m definitely new at this.

1 Like

I ordered mine from the electricxiaomi AliExpress store on November 26 and they got here today. Everything packaged as expected.

First pair of planars and Iā€™m loving the sound!

6 Likes

Check out hartaudio.

4 Likes

Thanks dude :slight_smile:

Edit: Shipping seems to be more than the product to Australia :confused:
Nice looking cable though.

What about this one?
4.4 Balanced option (fourth)

and