🔶 Hifiman Edition XS

Ordered mine on the 9th and the shipping started yesterday from Electricxiamo store. I messaged them Tuesday for a status update and they said it would ship next day, and it did. Since many people in here seem concerned on these shops, I’ll update on it’s progress.

2 Likes

Today my parcel started the shipping path, after 14 days from purchase, my order placed on 2nd of December and today i have to congratulate myself with shipping by the seller. :crazy_face: I hope this headphones will perform really good;)

2 Likes

Got what looks like a halfway automated email response from hifiman:

"Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting HIFIMAN!

Please be noted that the Edition XS might be released in the international market in January 2022.

Kindly recommend you to pay attention to the news on our website for the latest update."

9 Likes

Our Australian authorised reseller(Addicted to Audio) told me they’d be available in January when I mentioned them.
Was pretty suprised and double checked they were the ED XS, which they confirmed.
They said they’ll have them available for around US$500 or $599.

Prices at Addicted to Audio are kinda fucked up, expecting it to be sold for close to 1 grand AUD :rofl: cunts with their monopoly practice

2 Likes

no way Addicted to Audio sell them for 500 US, even 599 i reckon no way
never know, I might be wrong

Just wait for it to show up in your local markets, rma will be hell if something fails and being a budget hifiman I wouldn’t risk it…

Too late, Pokrog cast a spell on me somehow and made me buy it. In fact a lot of people are affected by his spell lol

7 Likes

I have that OpenHeart cable, it’s very nice. I have the 2.5mm for use with a BTR5/Qudelix. Cable on the right is FAAEAL, it’s also very nice, only minor issue being that L and R were mislabeled. I’m using it on the XS, the OpenHeart on the Ananda. But the stock cable on the XS is remarkably decent by Hifiman standards.

2 Likes

Will be very interested to see what they price it at. The Ananda seems to be down to $599 in the US now, as a permanent new price, it’s what they quote the price as now on their “brochure” site and it’s also that price now on their Amazon store with no mention of it being “discounted” from $699 or $999. I’d guess, it’s going to be $499, like the Western-oriented Chinese stores have marked it up to. In China, it’s priced just under the Ananda, I think about ¥500 less, it’s not a big difference.

Yes I also felt the XS stock cable is better, for Hifiman’s otherwise cable repu lol.

That FAAEAL cables looks quite, QUITE nice. Any links? EDIT: ok nvm, I found it.
Very nice for the price this one too!!!

1 Like

Yes, it’s this one:

$11-12. It comes down I think to two things, whether you prefer the straight or the L jack, and whether you prefer the braided IEM style cable or the cloth braid. Both are very nice cables, not stiff, fall well, wrap well, not microphonic. Great value for the $10-15 price.

1 Like

Yes - I have the other one - I think I may just grab this one too (and copy you in the process lol). Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Anyone find any possibility of the mounting rings for these?
I think I might settle for the sheepskins over the stock pads regardless of sound changes - the stock pads are just itchy - but I don’t want to destroy them to salvage the rings.

I’ve tried to look for printable 3D rings but no luck finding these Edition X/XS/Arya/Ananda mounting rings - only the round Hifimans.

Would love if anyone can spot anything anywhere…

I have spent a lot of time searching and found no cheap way of getting them. Hifiman is probably sick of me asking at this point too. Only option is basically find a good deal on pads and rip them out or keep the feelers out there for people who are buying new pads and take their old ones for the rings. It’s pretty irritating.

I mean no offense but he was hyping the 400se to be better than the Arya, still the problem is hifimans qc track record with no proper warranty support.

Yes, with at least two items - Edition XS and Douk u2 pro, i purcahsed both:) waiting for delivery…

1 Like

damn shame. pads with fitment rings are $60+.

Yeah, we’re turning into a bunch of @Pokrog cultists… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

in my defense that was from a purely gaming standpoint. with a pad swap the 400se has a very accurate and linear soundstage and really good imaging, while the arya has great imaging but an exaggerated soundstage and a little too much bass. same reason i think the hd800s is ass for gaming.

1 Like