đŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

Well that’s great news!
And pretty nasty shit from DHL.

I generally don’t trust them. They’re slow. They’re absurd. And now turns out, they’re thieves, too. Great. Just great.

2 Likes

that sucks I actually feel bad when I get things through DHL they send a driver from 2 states away to deliver that shit to me lmao

1 Like

For me in Australia, I hate DHL as they don’t even deliver to my area. So if a company only offers DHL shipping, DHL end up passing it off to Australia Post anyway, so I end up paying for a courier but get it delivered by the slowest postal service
 ;/

1 Like

Mine arrived from Hifigo yesterday, but I haven’t gotten the chance to review them. Happy to see them on Amazon, I wish I would have waited.

me too, but at least we got headphones in our delivery from hifigo :wink:

1 Like

Hi, just joined the chat to share the following. About three days ago after doing a little research, I contacted Hifiman directly with the following inquiry:

“Aliexpress is offering the Hifiman XS edition in several of its stores, but you don’t show that model in your webpage. Does that mean there is no model XS edition made by Hifiman and therefore it is a fraud in Aliexpress? Audio fan web forums indicate they have actually purchased the headphone from Aliexpress and are pleased with the product, so it is quite confusing, I’d appreciate if you could clarify this for me.”

To which, two days ago, I got the following response

" Thank you so much for your support for HIFIMAN. We fully understand that audio fans overseas have been expecting the Edition XS for a long time. We are planning to launch it next month overseas and it will be available for sale in all our online stores at that time. To protect your purchase, we don’t recommend you buy from those unauthorized sellers on Aliexpress as they are not able to offer any aftersales service though some of them claim that they can.
Hope this helps."

As today is already “next month” the headphones are already in the Hifiman website and in Amazon. I suppose folks can risk getting them a bit cheaper from Aliexpress or Hifigo, but as you have already seen, risk all kinds of problems or even not getting the item, plus no support. I already placed my order from Hifiman directly on their website, paid with PayPal (not possible with Aliexpress) and hope the get them soon!

Happy new year!

2 Likes

Of course overseas mean the USA again, like always. It’s like Europe doesn’t exist
 And if by a miracle it shows up in Europe one year later for 50% more, than we have to be happy and feel blessed for not forgetting us. I’m predicting 699 or 799 EUR (even 899 EUR iseems to be a fair price for Europe) for the XS if we are lucky, for something worth 499 USD, just like they did it with the Ananda (999 EUR vs. 699 USD - or as of today 599 USD). Rant over. Happy New Year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is a partial misconception. When you hang around European forums (usually more high-end focused than HifiGuides), you get to know all those small “three Buddys in a shed”-brands.

Have you tried the Hifiman website and see if they are available to you already? You may get lucky!

@Pokrog I recalled reading you talking about the Soloist in this thread so I had to come back and check since I am looking to add another Amplifier to my mix
 I’m debating between the Soloist, A90 and Jotumheim2 for my next desktop amplifier to accompany my THX789 and xDuoo TA-20.

I know the Soloist + Supercharger is 2 or 3 times the price of the other 2 I mentioned
 is it worth it? I have the HE6SE as well and would like a little more juice for them VS what I have now, on top of having another Amp to compliment what I have now for all headphones. On paper, it appeared like the Jotumheim actually would give more power than the Soloist, but not sure how much difference the “Supercharger” power supply would make.

I’d love to get the Flux FA-10 but its so big for where I would want to have it
 and on the other end I would love the iFi iCan Signature but its so expensive for what it is
 the choices

Oh for the others
 an update on my XS order from Electricxiamo (placed Dec 9th, shipped Dec 16th)
 my package landed in Canada last week on West Coast but hasn’t moved with Canada Post yet given the holidays. It should start to crawl my way next week. Not bad timing given the low shipping charge, holiday season, coming from China and with the current covid situation worsening again too, IMO.

I have personally tried the FA-10(sold it a while ago) and A90(probably selling this one soon) and the soloist is just an all around better amp, IMO. The Jot 2 I haven’t actually tried, but I tried the Jot 1 at one point and honestly didn’t really like it at all, though the 2 could very well be much better. The ability to roll opamps is pretty nice and there are some nice combos you can get out of it with different headphones. The FA-10 despite advertised power figures being higher than the Soloist, is actually not as powerful in real world tests and it really shows on the HE-6. Someone else did testing at 50ohm but I cant find it right now and the Soloist was able to maintain 28vrms meaning it can put out about 15.6w@50ohm so it’s no bullshit when it comes to power. Has every bit as much control with a super charger as my Parasound A21+ speaker amp but with much lower noise and better channel separation which is kinda noticeable from time to time.

and for what it’s worth those tests weren’t using volume bypass power amp mode so the actual power is even higher lol. I use my HE6se v2 in high gain power amp mode and the amount of control they have is just epic.

3 Likes

Alright, I think you sold me as I was somewhat leaning that way already for a bigger upgrade
 and I might still later preorder a Jot2 just because it really is appealing to me and could be fun to play with, not to mention the base price of 399 seems super reasonable for what it is.

Really appreciate that fast reply and info, you the man!

1 Like

I’Ve seen on Hifiman’s website, but not sure if they deliver to Europe, I guess still better waiting for it to be available in Europe, we’re still talking about Hifiman, so better to have some sort of warranty
 But the problem always is the crazy price they charge for them in Europe, always at least 50% more than in the USA
 But that’s how it is
 And I’ve just got my Anandas right before the announcement of the XS
 And try not to cry

If you are ready to buy the headphones, my advice is to go to the Hifiman web site and start the process up to the point where you have to confirm the order in that screen, all charges and total will be displayed. If the site is asking to confirm the order is because it can be delivered to your region. If there are crazy charges you can just cancel the order. I would expect adding about US dlls 25 for shipping the 499 price of the product, anything else would be unusual. Give it a try, it’s easy!

1 Like

Hi I just recieved my Edition xs but it seems to me my sabaj d5 cant drive them properly from balance xlr output thats strange cause it has 2w of power 32 ohms

Just got my pair delivered with a Tripowin Granvia 4.4mm balanced cable and wow these are amazing, wide sound stage, very natural sounding with slamming bass. Not even getting to 12 o’clock on an ifi Zen Can at 0 DB gain and it’s plenty loud. Hitting bass boost on the ifi is a hoot on these.

Burn in pft, I couldn’t wait so burning in on my head!

3 Likes

So they finally showed up on my local amazon (mexico) and they’re $600 :sob:, Will probably still get them at some point but they’re not looking as much of a deal as they did when they first appeared in $380

1 Like

The low $400s was the more realistic pricing, you needed stars to align properly with Ali coupons to get that working.

$500 US is the retail you should expect getting them from anywhere else, and they seem to be punching well above that price as well. If anyone wants to send me an Ananda and Arya to test them against feel free :wink:

1 Like

That is surprising given the power output of that amp. Perhaps its more an issue of synergy/pairing rather than actual power. Perhaps they need a chance to burn in.
What is it your hearing or not hearing?

I mean I’d take them now for $500, might have to wait till black friday or something cause I %100 don’t trust buying delicate and expensive planar headphones from aliexpress, wonder how trustworthy hifiman’s own site is, I think they’d ship from China too anyway