Hifiman HE1000 vs V2 vs HE1000se vs Arya

I owned the V2 for 4 years and loved it. Awesome headphone, totally enjoyable. I’ve had the HEKSE now for 8 months and I can say it’s awesome too. I could definitely live happily on a desert island with either of them, but the SE is faster, smoother, has more precise laser pinpoint bass, and better details.
Don’t get me wrong though, both are awesome.

2 Likes

I didn’t think there was any way I’d like the SE more than the v2 and my expectations were shattered when I upgraded through hifiman. I kinda miss the little bass bump that the v2 had but EQ solves that if I ever care enough. The amount of detail the SE has makes the Arya look like a $200 dynamic by comparison.

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to audition the SE before sending my V2 away in a box, so I was a little apprehensive too!! What if the SE showed up and I liked the V2 better? Luckily that didn’t happen and my decision turned out to be a sound one. I’m not sure if I’ve ever had a set of cans I’ll head downstairs to listen to at 3am because I “Can’t sleep” lol.

I’m glad that I read the post on here. Gained some insight for what to expect if I upgrade. One of the customer service reps (Tony) asked me for proof of purchase when I inquired about upgrading from my Arya (Stealth) I purchased about 5-6 weeks ago to the HE 1000v2’s. He said in his e-mail back to me that I would be able to upgrade if my purchase was in the last 30 days. I sent my receipt anyway and I’m waiting for him to respond.

Very interesting. My V2’s were older ones, with 2.5mm plugs, and I sent them in with payment proof for the upgrade and that was it. Upgrading to the V2’s that’s awesome, they’re amazing cans! Ya once the process actually begins it doesn’t take that long really. I think my order took about a month total, maybe a little less before my new headphones arrived at my door. And that was me sending the V2’s to them from Canada as well.
Hope all runs smoothly for you and you get your V2’s!!

I don’t think the Arya is actually in the “HEK” upgrade path normally. HEKv1 to V2 and either v1 or v2 to SE is what I’ve seen typically, so if they let you upgrade your Arya I think they may already be going above n beyond. Which is cool, and examples why it never hurts to reach out and ask questions.

Hope that it works out for you. Would be curious to see what they do for upgrades when the HEKv2 is already on sale $1K off msrp currently.

1 Like

Hello. I was told to just send them the difference, which would be 700.00, plus shipping. I’ve only had my Arya’s for about 5 1/2 weeks. I sent him the receipt already. If I would have known that the HE 1000v2’s were on sale, I would have purchased them instead. I found out about them when I went to purchase the EF400 DAC/AMP. Thanks for the information though because I thought the upgrade would be from any headphones.

They have different plugs? So what I use for my Arya’s won’t fit? It’s the same plug I used when I first purchased the Ananda’s.

If they are new he1000v2 they will have 3.5mm jacks on the earcup. They changed from the 2.5mm late 2020. Pretty sure they should be the same as your Arya was.

1 Like

Oh. Ok I have the newer jacks on my headphones.

Ok. I know this response is pretty late but here’s the update. As of Monday, I paid the difference, which was pretty good. Yesterday, I mailed off my Stealth’s, so Now I’m waiting for the 1000v2’s. From what’s been posted about their sound characteristics, sound like exactly what I’m looking for. Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Awesome, will look forward to your impressions when they arrive.

Look forward to giving them.

The best for my preference and age (40+) .HE1K Stealth. SE too mellow on treble and bass for me though I see younger crowd would pick them especially treble sensitive but they still have great details up top. Stealth have better air, rumble and punch in comparison. Stealth sound wider, SE sound more depth. Arya won’t be in the league. From built to sound just inferior, however for that tier is great all-rounder.

2 Likes