🔶 Hifiman HE400se

This is the official thread for the Hifiman HE400se

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Hifiman Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

1 Like

Hifiman has a new, cheap planar. Thoughts, experiences?

Here’s the picture:

1 Like

Specs:

• Style: Headphone
  • Origin: CN(Origin)
  • Sensitivity: 91dB
  • Line Length: 1.5m
  • Impedance Range: up to 32 Ω
  • Connectors: 3.5mm
  • Model Number: HE400se
  • Resistance: 25Ω
  • Frequency Response Range: 20 - 20Hz
1 Like

Hmm curious, I see them being mentioned a couple of months back bit no real reviews and no sellers at least in the places where I usually buy. I wonder how these compare to the he400i I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Yup. Seems like asia only, but some specimens are trickling down to the west. Some say it sounds like Deva, but for much lower price.

I saw word of an international version soon. this statement also talks about the he 400i 2020 being discontinued. and the statement about a different driver tech interests me. and if that pricing is correct and is actually better than the 400i 2020 then the 4xx will kinda be a pointless product

1 Like

Planar for $110 would be :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow okay,was not expecting the he400i 2020 to be discontinued already. On the one hand I hope this’ll be a stellar headphone, on the other I would feel a bit of buyer’s remorse. Kind of like the people buying a 2080ti halfway through 2020 I guess.

he400i 2020 is a lauded headphone. It won’t become bad. :slight_smile: It’s selling locally for 240 EUR second hand…

1 Like

I’m just a bit traumatised about buying stuff and then either having something way better for the same price be released or some huge sale dropping just a bit after I am able to return my product. Very first pc I build would’ve cost me $100 less and be a bit faster if only I waited 3 or 4 lousy weeks.
But wow, 240 used, over here they €200 new…

We’ll, there’s always better deals. I try to think, do I think if something is worth the price. If I think that, I feel I got a good deal.

1 Like

400i’s were selling for $120 on drop not long ago…

own sundara hifimans are great but the pricing scares the shit out of me hopefully they wont be selling a new better version for $200 in the next year or I will tear my hair out (I did get mine for $200 new from hifiman tho so fuggit)

1 Like

They might be interesting to drive.

1 Like

the 400i/4xx are interesting as well. scale well. people report to use them out of laptops fine others say you need a big amp for them. wonder if this new driver will perform just as well

1 Like

The stealth drivers is interesting. If these can be had for $100 they could easily be a competitor for best budget headphone…ya know, if they aren’t garbage lol.

1 Like

These are still $91 on taobao for anyone interested

1 Like

I asked the hifiman support about the international version their response was that it should launch in March or April for 149 usd.

5 Likes

Could already order an international Version at my local seller for 170€ should arrive tommorow.

Nice, do let us now how you like them!