šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE400se

Are you buying the international version? Oh yeah also, have you tried thr he400s? I got a good deal used for like $60

1 Like

Yep, I had the international one, thats a sweet deal you got I havenā€™t heard it but awesome deal

I just talk to someone who have both right now, he said that the sundara has wider soundstage, more open sound and more body to vocal, is it true?

Thatā€™s my experience, too. Iā€™m enjoying the HE-400se so much that Iā€™m selling my Meze 99 Classics and Sennheiser HD 560s. The HE-400se have become my daily driver ā€“ really donā€™t want to listen with much else.

Iā€™m running my HE-400se with balanced cables from Audiophile Ninja (GREAT cables and service, BTW) through an iFi hip-dac. Wonderful combination.

Yes, I agree on these 3 points

1 Like

How is the he400se headband? I heard a lot of people said about the hitspot it creates. If iā€™m going to use it for more than 2 hour session, is it going to affected me?

I just got my he400se, wow this sound soo much thin than the sundara (the vocal), more bright, kinda lack of body also the subbass impact is much punchier in sundara (more dynamic) - this is my first impression.

does using the grill mod improves the sq? nevertheless, its a unique headphone and might be good collection alongside my hd650 (warm + bright)

but yeah, the sundara is soo much beautiful and natural but soundstage wise, the he400se is clearly beats the hd650 to the ground, much much better

I feel like the soundstage is wider on the he400se than the sundara, which is good and its kinda feels like its better for gaming

the included cable is pretty bad

1 Like

They are harder to drive than the sundara too. But no doubt sundara is better than he400se. Idk why some people compare the He400se to the Arya

It broke in beautifully for me about about three hours of use and a bit of kneading with my thumbs. Getting the proper cup fit to alleviate pressure on the headband also is important ā€“ let your ears do a little bit of the support work.

Now I donā€™t even feel the headband during long listening sessions. Marvelous headphones for $150!

Good luck.

1 Like

Do the he400se headband cup have a little bit of swivels unlike the sundara headband or it is only on my he400se haha

No side-to-side swivel. Just up and down.

1 Like

Mine has. Itā€™s the chinese version, though.

Figured Iā€™d report here cause the 400i thread is basically dead, but I finally found some super comfortable pads that didnā€™t ruin imaging, donā€™t think they messed frequency too much either, hard to ab cause swapping is hell, still I ended up putting one layer of toilet paper below them for treble control.
*Canā€™t warranty they donā€™t mess the 400se sound cause I donā€™t have them though, but comfort improvement is massive.

Also they donā€™t include the rings, you gotta order those from somewhere else*

2 Likes

Please ask, which amp is best for Hifiman HE400SE, in the range between 100-150$?
I am considering JDS labs atom amp, Ifi zen can, and Schiit magni 3+.

What are you looking for?

Detailed, neutral sound. I am a fan of classical and jazz.

Then probably not ifi zen can which has class A components, plus it is the weakest out of the 3

1 Like

How about JDS labs atom? Is it clean and neutral enough?

2 Likes

JDS atom is about as clean as it gets. If you want a slightly thicker texture, stretch your budget a little and get Schiit Asgard 3

1 Like

Thereā€™s also Liquid Spark for sth similar to Asgard 3 but at the price range of Atom

1 Like