šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE4XX

Yes, these take some burn in for drivers and in your mind to get used to it. Also the pads get less distracting and more comfy with use from my experience

Okay good lol Iā€™m getting a horrible first impression of theseā€¦ uncomfortable and boringā€¦ though Iā€™m surprised they arrived so fast this being my first order from drop.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember but do you have an amp yet? It wonā€™t sound itā€™s best without an amp

Yes I have borrowed the o2 odac from a friend for the time being

Yeah they sounded odd to me at first but after about a week of using them they sounded pretty great

2 Likes

This is good newsā€¦ I want to like the headphones I buy

1 Like

same and hey mn if its not for you dont feel bad you can probabky send it back i did for my last headphone

Iā€™ll put in the time and hopefully thing improve to my ears

3 Likes

I initially didnā€™t like them compared to the HD58X, but after listening to them for a while I dig them now. Also thinking of getting nicer/longer cables. Anyone know where I can get them? I have the dual 3.5mm ones.

1 Like

I canā€™t compare the 2 yet but the 58x is in the mail :+1:

1 Like

Yeah once you get past the burn in stage and start to get ahold of the signature, it really clicks with people

2 Likes

hart audio cables?

You could get a pretty nice Meze cable from Amazon for $20. Itā€™s mono but it will still work. Otherwise there are cheaper New Fantasia cables.

That is an option, but his custom cables are backed up into February.

Once you factor in the interconnects Hartā€™s cables arenā€™t much cheaper than Periapt.

Be that as it may, you can buy the one set of headphone cables and multiple interconnects, rather then multiple cables all together.

The last set of periap cabled I looked to buy would of cost 99 dollars, the same cable plus the required interconnect from hart was 50 not including taxes and shipping. So way cheaper especially as you get more and more as your needs for various connectors rise.

The dual 3.5mm to XLR is $68 on Periapt ($58 with 1/4").

https://hartaudiocables.com/collections/headphone-cables/products/hc-9-dual-3-5mm-mono-ts-balanced-headphone-cable

if you already have the interconnect hart is 23 dollars cheaper. if you donā€™t its only 8 dollars cheaper

https://hartaudiocables.com/collections/interconnects

Mono? What does that mean?