šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE4XX

Mono plug:

He 4xx would look like this: (the middle ring is not used)

what are some good replacement pads for the 4xx?

iā€™m curious too, mine get a little itchy after a bit

1 Like

The itch part will start to subdue as the pads wear in

1 Like

niceeeee, thnx. besides that i have no problems then

Iā€™m just thinking Iā€™d like something that breathā€™s betterā€¦

Hmm, do you have the focuspad a or the regular focuspad on your pair? (because they switched pads halfway through)

I donā€™t knowā€¦I just remember the issue from the first one I got. havenā€™t listened to the new one as much as I thought I would since I got the HD599se.

Dekoni does nicer quality hybrids which should keep the sound signature intact but be more comfortable.
https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-elite-hybrid-earpads-for-select-hifiman-headphones/

1 Like

Is there a pad that could boost the midbass a bit?

I wish I could get those pads out of the EU. those oneā€™s that are popular for Koss 95/x.

whats the downside of mono cables?

Iā€™m guessing the headphones wonā€™t be stereo?

Can confirm, used to get so itchy and kept adjusting them. After a week theyā€™re not itchy no more. Was planning on buying some Dekoniā€™s but now Iā€™ll just use the stock pads.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re mono to each earcup, so each wire carries the channel for that ear. A headphone that only has the plug on one earcup just has a wire going round the headband to the other earcup.

I ordered a pair of ZMF Ori perferated lambskin pads. Sadly, they wonā€™t be here till the day I fly back to school, so Iā€™m having my folks forward them over to me.

Bought a new cable 3m long cable that I braided and a head band thingy to make it more comfortable which honestly looks like a bandage lol.

2 Likes

lol is that a newfantasia cable?

Ohh okay, but why do other cables need to be non-mono if theyā€™re 1 wire only carries 1 channel?

Itā€™s Neomusica from amazon. Pretty decent Iā€™d say for the price.

ah looks like my 58x cable by new Fantasia same supplier probably

1 Like