🔶 Hifiman HE4XX

Yeah probably, they even have NEW in the brand name lol

If a headphone has two inputs (one on each ear) then they don’t need TRS, and like I said the R is just bypassed since there’s only one hot wire and one ground to each ear. I assume Hifiman uses them because they’re cheaper than TS plugs due to availability.

For headphones with one input the Tip carries the left channel, the Ring carries the right channel and the Sleeve carries the ground.

Then in balanced TRRS the second Ring and Sleeve carry the ground for each channel separately (not to be confused with microphone-enabled cables).

1 Like

what frequencies do you define as midbass? They seem to have a good amount to me. My def is 80-150 Hz.

There are tricks to get pads to have more bass. make sure they are sealed down, stuff more batting in around and along the base of the batting, denser batting means less sound escape = more bass.

that’s adorable, lol

1 Like

around 40-100 but I dont mind upper bass boost either

4xx doesn’t have a lot of bass under 50 Hz, EQ helps a bit

I know you mentioned that they are starting to wear on you but it’s surprising that your first impression was boring. Today I also basically got my first real impressions, immediately was amazed by how dynamic they sounded when listening to childish Gambino, then after a while my ears started to hurt and they were a little piercing. I think they are starting to burn in tho because after taking a break I’m back and they aren’t as sibilant as they were. And I’m actually really feeling these as a good all rounder

I’m glad your first experience was more favourable lol I did pink noise overnight a few nights and kept wearing them and the pads are good now… sound is greatly improving to my ears as well

1 Like

Yeah haha, honestly it’s been the same for both the 4xx and the 58x.both had favorable impressions at the beginning, but both then immediately went through a phase were I ended up maybe disliking them a bit. Went through that with the 58x which are now my favorites. With the 4xx I went through that just like 2 hours ago, where I started disliking it but now that I’ve got to more used to the sound and stuff they are really really growing on me too haha

Good to know that the comfort is now better for you, as well of course as the sound!

Yeah mon mentioned head burn in too which… :exploding_head:… but I’ve bought into that too

1 Like

Yeah haha, Im more into the mental or head burn in camp too. Definitely real

Driver burn in too… this headphone has made me a believer in both

1 Like

It’s definitely possible, although I’m not touching that with a ten foot pole lol

1 Like

If they start smoking, that’s too much burn-in.

5 Likes

Well, at least you got it burned in at that point lol

1 Like

it’s okay Jose, we already know you’re mental! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m okay with being in that camp lol

1 Like

being mental?

That was in response to Jose regarding burn in