šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE6SE

Yeah, if you are curious you can check my profile once in a while to see how far I have fallen in lol

1 Like

Will do. Lol

So I did the speaker thing real quick and they sounded about where My Aune X7s was with the knob at two o clock. Again you know as a former guitar player thereā€™s always amps that will make your guitar sound better. It is in fact a rabbit hole.

These are great headphones though. Theyā€™re pretty alive. The detail on the bass on TOOLā€™s Sober for instance is rather amazing. The Interstellar soundtrack was amazing. Itā€™s very bright. The treble is great and the mids and bass are clean.

Iā€™m eager to try it on the Jot. I may look for a used speaker amp if the Jot doesnā€™t cut it because it was on the plans anyway as I might go back down the vinyl rabbit hole.

Iā€™m also not one to like micromanage sounds as I get really into music which is why I tend to talk about audio in abstracts and adjectives than hz.

But Iā€™m liking them the more I listen.

1 Like

They also have a decent burn in time because itā€™s a decently thick membrane, so it should get better imo

Also what pads you use? The main ones? I didnā€™t put the velour ones yet.

1 Like

Yes the main ones, I like the sound better imo

Yeah I figured I havenā€™t read one of person using the othersā€¦

I wonder if I should try my dekoni elite sheepskins I put on the HE5SEs? BTW I found those really sorted out the shrillness of those cans. that and a balanced cable.

1 Like

While not the same I can attest to hifiman cans needing power. I had a modified 560 and they didnt really purr until i hooked them up to my Crown PS400/CrownPS200ā€¦ those will push clean wattsā€¦ :smiley:

Yeah that works well, although I donā€™t think the crown is the cleanest but it would def help, they like their power

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/33791/Crown-Ps-400.html#manual
They have all the goodies there btw.

When you review all the spec they are incredibly good if you are not pushing them all the way, like at the loads headphones would put on the PS400 it would be mosly class A and very clean class AB. these old monsters are no joke, the only issue is their size and weight LOL

#junkindaTrunk

1 Like

Howā€™s this?

The place I know of sells Parasound and Musical Fidelity but like Iā€™m not there and also the size man. This seems size wise not too terrible.

Would you be opposed to buying used? I just think you might be able to get more for your money imo

No, this is all contingency of the Jot not being enough. The Jot Iā€™m buying is used. I just have so much space on my table for it.

Would something like this be viable? You donā€™t have to have this on a desk, you can just get a volume control/preamp and put the unit somewhere it will fit lol

1 Like

Not for a month or so, my mad money went into these cans and the Jot.

BTW do you like the cable that came with the HE6?

I got mine off a friend and he had already replaced the cable lol

I have Periapt for my HD 650 and Audeze and find them so much better. The cable that came with seems so delicate. I have a NewFantasia for the HE5SE Iā€™m about to use instead.

Do you hang Hifimanā€™s but the leather suspension or the metal part?

The metal part because I donā€™t want to get indents in the headstrap portion