🔶 Hifiman HE6SE

Hopefully I am getting my new grills tomorrow. Pretty excited!

Omg I returned my LCD x to buy a he6se V2… Love this meaty and impactful sound but i think I’m going to search for another headphone with similar tonality if it exists…

Sorry to hear this. Hope you can get it sorted. I don’t understand the whole “stuck driver” issue. What does that mean exactly? Is this something that is unique to the HE6SE or is this a planar thing? It sounds like an unfixable condition.

Do not like the sound of that! Luckily mine dont seem to have the issue(yet) but I might look for something else now.

Got my grills today. Post office delivered after 8:00PM! They were pretty backed up because everything was closed on Friday due to an ice storm.

Wow, they are really thin. I thought they would be more substantial. I will get into my mod tomorrow and take a few pic’s.

4 Likes

Geez sorry to hear that man :frowning:

Can you maybe use the left cup of one pair with the right cup of a second pair? You may not be able to notice any channel imbalance even if the drivers were not paired by Hifiman, hell we know their QC is borderline non-existent, lol

The Burson Soloist does the same thing and it is a headphone amp, with all the refinement you can only find in headphone amps.

HE 560 v4 from adorama w/ a fabric mesh grille: HIFIMAN fabric mesh grill | eBay

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I just bought one.

I spent several days working on a grill mod. First ones didn’t work well, as the Elmer’s didn’t cut it for my application. I then tried a different glue, maybe too much, as there a few spots, but I have decided they are good enough. :laughing:

Pounding through the iFi on a Saturday afternoon.

Maybe spray glue could solve your problems if the application is the source of your troubles Shane :wink:

That may well be the case, but this morning I was like if the second looks good enough, I am done. :grin:

Both are about 98% good and that’s close enough for me. Once they’re mounted and in use, they are just fine.

And not to be forgotten, I LOVE these headphones! I am Really surprised that so many people give up on these. Of course I don’t understand all the love for Sennheiser either, so I guess it just breaks down to the fact that we all hear differently. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Think the thrill ride @Pokrog just gone through is a bit to much for most XD :wink:

I myself had a he 6 more than once in a basket but Import costs plus those quality concerns did make me think otherwise :sweat_smile:

1 Like

People said the same thing about the Focal Elex’s. I understand that bad things do happen but I have been rocking my Elex’s for more than a year and a half and I LOVE them.

Landed in Canada, the HE6se V2’s were about $950.00. Worth every penny to me.

Different strokes…

1 Like

Have anybody tried iFi Zen Can Signature FHM? The description says that it supports HE6se.

I think you would be in tough. Even using balanced, you would be putting out less than 2W per channel. If you follow the link you provided, they provide a chart for this amp working with different models. With the H6SE, they rate the pairing as Good, not Excellent nor Very Good and that is probably optomistic.
I think it would probably be useable, but would not show the HE6se V2’s at their best.

I say this as a guy that LOVES my iFi partnership (HE6se V2 + iFi Pro iCAN).

2 Likes

I was thinking about getting iFi Pro iCan. How do you like it? Is it excellent?

It really is great, but it is also stupid expensive. I bought mine used and saved about 40%. Then the Signature Edition came out and it is even MORE expensive! If you can find a used OG model for around $1,000.00, it is a Great buy, in my opinion.

1. An insane amount of power, that I will never come close to maxing. I am a quiet listener.
  2. Bass boost is well done and addictive. I use it on almost everything.
  3. 3D is a very cool feature on just a few headphones. Out of ten headphones, at the time, it was used on two or three 'phones. AMAZING with the HE6se V2’s, for me at least.
  4. The tube mode makes small differences. SS is actually quite impressive and pretty neutral to my ear.

If you have or plan to collect several pairs of headphones, this is a great addition to your collection. I have always felt that I am not an EQ guy, but I have to admit that I change my settings for every single headphone. :grin:

1 Like

what about GX-S mini?

Fuck that amp. That amp straight up sucks with the HE6. Almost zero redeeming qualities, imo.

2 Likes