šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE6SE

Looks industrially saucyā€¦ Saucy sauce sauuuccee saussseā€¦

1 Like

Damn good price on these (donā€™t know the seller)ā€¦

1 Like

My He6seā€™s arrived today. Iā€™ve been comparing them with my Edition XS. The He6ā€™s seem more powerful in the vocals, more note weight or a little meatier in the electric guitar. And a bit more natural. But a little less sub-bass and a little smaller soundstage. But they make the Edition XS sound a sort of hollow or thin in comparison. the Edition XS sounds a little more artificial now as well.

These are things I never felt about the Edition XS before I started A/Bā€™ing them with the He6se.

3 Likes

What amp are you pairing them with?

1 Like

Iā€™m running a Topping A30pro and smsl su-8s dac.

1 Like

I really like my SMSL SU-8 DAC. It now works in my home office.

The biggest challenge with these is to find an amp that you love. With a good partner they are Great.

They sound better than the Edition XS stock vs stock on my a30pro, so Iā€™m pretty happy so far! Iā€™ve got the grill mod and some pads on the way.

Iā€™m sure one day Iā€™ll upgrade my amp, most likely to an A90D, unless something is better for the same price or less.

I did want the Jot 2 but I turned away because I was told they donā€™t play IEMā€™s well, and I listen to them at my desk regularly.

1 Like

ā€˜cries in Edition XSā€™ :smiling_face_with_tear:

wouldnā€™t be shocked if topping announces a A90 MK2/A90D MK2 in the near future

2 Likes

Itā€™s called LA90

Have a Jot 2 and have tried the A90 (not the A90D though) - my ears preferred the Jot 2 but was definitely a fan of the 3 gain levels on A90 for a more versatile setup. Unfortunately, Schiit is notoriously stubborn so we will probably need to wait until Jot 3 before any new features will be added and even then, itā€™ll be a crap shoot (pun intended lol)

2 Likes

Well Schiit did make a few improvements to their lineup last year (DACs & a speaker amp), and Jason did state that there will be new products slated for 2023. So hopefully some of those will be in the form of their headphone amplifiers.

How do the drivers get stuck? and whatā€™s the best way to prevent that from happening?

Donā€™t do pad swapping.

2 Likes

dont put them on a speaker amplifier lol

1 Like

Where can I find this headband??? Thanks

I donā€™t know if this link will work but if it doesnā€™t, search ā€œNan-6ā€ on taobao and its Mr Ananā€™s Heaphone Shop that sells it.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.77662e8dM330xc&id=656091453664

1 Like

Been a while since Iā€™ve posted but Iā€™m of the opinion that @Pokrog might be right about these being some of the best out there when driven properly. They excel in pretty much everything and Iā€™ve still been enjoying them since whenever I first posted here.

1 Like

Just order the nan-6 headband! Thankyou for the helpšŸ˜œ

1 Like

Yeah I really do just love them. Theyā€™re easily my favorite all around headphone Iā€™ve ever owned by a pretty substantial margin. Plenty of other headphones can do individual specific things marginally better or things that I donā€™t care about (like having a colossal, unnecessarily large stageā€¦I have my HE1000se if I need a fix on staging) but nothing does all of the things at once that I want except this stupid headphone. Iā€™m pretty much off the deep end with them and I know it. My whole system has pretty much been formed around them. I have a pair of Parasound A21+ in monoblock mode that drive my LRS+ now but theyā€™re plugged into a switch that is for driving my HE6se now also and I honestly couldnā€™t ask for anything else. Theyā€™re just so damn versatile. I expected to stop liking them so much a long time ago but now that I have them in a setup that is really playing to what I want out of them, Iā€™ll never be able to get rid of them.

3 Likes