đŸ”¶ HiFiMan Sundara

That is a 100% bullshit answer. Return it for a replacement or get your money back and buy a headphone that you have at least some kind of assurance that it won’t break the first time you use it or be broken right out of the box.

This is why I won’t buy a HiFIMAN product anymore. I got lucky with my Sundara; The right side connector was deflective on mine but I was able to fix it. QC is non-existent with this outfit.

I got my b-stock Sundara replaced under warranty with the same issue.

I paid to send it to HifiMan warehouse in Poland (I’m from Denmark) and they shipped a brand new one to me.

The dealer didn’t even respond to my mails.

If You bought it from an official dealer and have the receipt just contact HifiMan.

1 Like

Good to know! Thx :slight_smile: Still am not sure if i will go this route. I opened the right driver-housing (very easy to do) and inspected everything. All looks good and no sign of defects. The audio-jack with it’s pcb is sitting freely in a cut-out rectangular space and is hold in place by screwing everything together. it’s probable the somehow inconsistent way they drill the holes and screw in the drivers into it’s housing. In this case it has about 0.5 mm play more than the other side. I’ve put a little piece dubbel-sided tape to fill the space, and problem solved. I also checked with 2 other Sundara’s
same inconsistent “problem”. I’ll see if its getting worse over time. Maybe i’ll send it in then.

2 Likes

Nice review: HiFiMAN Sundara Review » MOONSTAR Reviews

1 Like

Has anyone tried these with Hybrid Brainwavz xl?

Hi guys, do you think the new Tempotec HD V will be enough to drive the Sundara to good levels? Here is the link to it’s specs: TempoTec Sonata HD V (Android version / iOS version – TempoTec Official Store

Do you find the M11 Plus does a good job driving the Sundara? How does the Sundara sound on it?

Hey.
So my headband and pads drew their last breath this week completely unrelated to each other. I bought the headphone used, so I have no way to confirm, but it was supposedly 2 years old at the time, 1.5 year ago, I received them in extremely good condition, and I switched the pads right away to the revised pali pads.
Apart from ranting how bad the build quality of this headphone is, I’m here because ‘d like to know if there’s an easy AND cheap way to replace the parts. Looking at their site, I can see that the band costs $125 while the pads cost $50, that’d be 175 total without shipping and customs to europe which is comical considering that the durability is considerably worse than knock-offs’.
Do you guys know about any compatible third party headband and cheaper pads that sound good?

As far as headband ya

But keep in mind that its a not specifically for the Sundara so you might need to do a little modding (i havent taken apart my Sundara so i cant say for sure if the screw side is the same)

you can find other aftermarket pads but the 2020 pads are pretty dang great

1 Like

Thanks.
Does anyone here have first-hand experience with the headband? How much actual modding is required in the case of sundara?

Wish the earcup was bigger. Runs hot on my ears :frowning:

Anyone have any good recommendations for some earpads i could put on my sundaras? something that maybe improves the bass as at times it feels like it lacks a bit and maybe also something that adds some highs/details as i am not very sensitive to treble and find myself eqing treble in on most headphones i try out. i would like to avoid compromising the soundstage as its something i admire a lot.

Question, which version of Sundara do you have? the OG or the 2020 version?

2020 revised pads version

I’d take a look at Dekoni they have a few options with frequency graphs, i think maybe thee Velour might work for you but i could be totally off its been a while since i checked.

Zmf universal are great on them. I really enjoy them with mine or try any of the zmf ones. Just get rings off eBay or from Hifiman. They will work with the ZMF

2 Likes

1 Like

Mary Christmas, regarding the 5 band + bass and tremble of RME can you pls describe PEQ for SUNDARA you have applied.
thanks a lot

To any Apple Music subscribers + Sundara owners:

Since no DAP supports Apple’s rendition of Dolby Atmos/Spatial Audio, I tried running Atmos/Spatial (set to always on) with the Sundara via hip dac (4.4mm + power match on + xbass on). It is a markedly different and better headphone with the right Atmos/Spatial mix. What I noticed immediately is the improvement in the midrange. Vocals are more forward, have improved texture, transients, resolution and lushness. Imaging is more precise and different too, as one would expect in these mixes. Perceived stage gets a boost.

Crucially, this happens with competent mixes, not some of the rushed lemons that are still out there.

Atmos/Spatial adds a new dimension to the Sundara and, for the time being, quelled my appetite to look for new headphones. It’s like owning two headphones in one.

EDIT: I should’ve also suggested trying this on every headphone/IEM any of you own. The results may surprise you, for better or worse. The 64 Audio u12t I demoed with Atmos/Spatial went in the wrong direction, wasn’t a good match, made vocals shouty.

1 Like

@audiotron I have found the same to be true with Dolby Atmos tracks from
AMHD. Sundaras seem to love it!
eg. Nora Jones
Come away with me. And John Williams
Scherzo for motorcycle and orchestra. Both are D/Atmos for the whole album.

2 Likes