How are you holding up?

The interesting thing about Jitter to me is it was considered largely inconsequential until after the first CD players were released and it seemed to be case the ones with better build (metal transports over plastic transports) quality sounded better.
It took months of investigation to determine why that was the case, error correction should have made that irrelevant.
I believe someone at Cambridge Audio built a CD player that counted errors detected and errors corrected, and from that they determined that even corrected errors affected the sound in an audible way, because they delayed the sample introducing additional jitter.
The better built players sounded better because the introduced less errors than the plastic ones.

4 Likes

I’m an older guy and stay pretty isolated, so it’s getting harder.
Thank God for the music…sounding better than ever with today’s technology. AND this site really has helped in a LOT of ways!

5 Likes

Yeah this site are one of the best ones that I have ever been in, and this community is one of the best ones out there in terms of the people who you are interacting with. I also loved the fact that a lot of guys have helped me a lot for I still consider myself a beginner to this hobby. Nothing but love to this and stay safe as always.

2 Likes

Ha, not dead yet but did have to stop by for a small check up and tune-up today. It could always be worse and it’s great when life is better!

Hope all is well, my friend

2 Likes

You getting a firmware upgrade?

3 Likes

I bought a switch. Probably my first new console since… Well PS3/360/Wii

1 Like

Solid cable choice lol
Hope everything’s all good buddy :grinning::+1: