How many of you are working remotely now?

I’m a tech director for a church in San Diego, CA. We had our services online only this week and will continue to do so until things are safe. I’ve become the social media content manager for the time being, and I’ll be doing quality and conformity checks on community sourced content to stay engaged with our congregation. My wife is a high school teacher, so she is home as well. Her district is still working on a plan for online education.

I’ve been 100% remote for over a year and 80% remote before that. Welcome to my wonderful world! Now get around bandwidth limitations I’m so glad I have Sonos port to feed my DAC while I’m working. Also SUPER handy to get the news with all the current drama.

Our tech team has been divided, so remote work for now. If the email or call comes, might need to pack up and head to corona infected site.
Things seem to change all the time and country is going to lockdown now. Great times to be alive.

1 Like

I’m a teacher in Iowa. We just found out last night that we will be closed until April 13th. Thankfully, we will still be paid. Hard to say what online learning looks like–It’s hard to pull off in a rural public school district, because not everyone has access.

Still a lot of unanswered questions. Ironic, this is my spring break, and I don’t know if I’ve ever thought more about school…

It’s a great time to have some good headphones though, eh?

2 Likes

I’m a software developer in Ireland. We’ve been working from home since Thursday. It’s mandatory now. Thankfully my job allows working from home easily, others are not in the same boat and have to draw welfare for the time being as everything in the country starts to shut down.

2 Likes

my compay *said that “would you like to take your holiday now, instead of summer?” instead of organizing home office, paid leave or anything like that. I kindly said “f you”

let’s just agree to disagree.
Perfect lol

2 Likes

I started to work remotely today. The bosses of my firm announced it the other day. We mostly push paper anyways.

Humour (wrong/right spelling? lol) gets us Limey’s through a crisis…

UK Virus ALERT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s Get the Bastard.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France’s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She’ll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

5 Likes

Based solely from the perspective of an Englishman, I am scared that the Italian’s might switch sides in a week or two and join Coronavirus

1 Like

in addition to OB’s funny…I’ll share this:

“Due to Coronovirus (COVID19) all TCP applications are being converted to UDP to avoid Handshakes”

2 Likes

LOL. I wonder how many people will get that joke.

2 Likes

I know enough to be able to laugh…but I don’t know what UDP is. LoL!

At home, “Retired” LOL!!

So to me this is business at normal, but we are at the 60+ age risk level…so we wash our hands ALOT and avoid people etc…common sense…

and we are NOT hoarding toliet paper…schiit!! it doenst cure this virus…people are really wierd…

Saftey = 100 + rolls of Schiit paper!! OMG!! If it wasnt so serious it would be funny!!

Be Safe all! This too shall pass!
Alex

Funny: Bidet!

3 Likes

The only issue I’m having right now is assisting our non-technical people on how to accomplish things at home. Kind of frustrating when I’m trying to get my own shit done.

Also, I can’t get a damn desk lamp on Amazon until Friday. I need it NOW! :stuck_out_tongue:

what lamp?

This little guy. I stand corrected on the delivery though … Saturday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QCRG1X7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yesterday I signed up for a toilet paper subscription on Amazon. My first pack won’t arrive until late April, but luckily I have enough until then. What a time to be alive … a damn toilet paper subscription!

literally no tp on Amazon.ca…but for one 12 roll of Cottonelle, for $50, LoL!!!

1 Like

What a bunch of pricks. Wow.