How many of you are working remotely now?

not like that dude in Tennessee with 18K bottles of hand sanitizer he’s trying to sell at $70 / bottle. probably cost him about $80K to get all that and if he does succeed in selling at that price, projected to rake in more than $1.2 million! >.<

He’s already donated 2/3 of them to a church to avoid charges! What a nice young man. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

getting sent home today to wfh for the next few weeks. Can’t wait to no leave my house a dream come true tbh

1 Like

Teacher here so home for next few weeks at least. The way things are going probably even longer.

1 Like

I am an employee of the federal govt. We got our notice to telework until April 20th.

2 Likes

As of tomorrow

1 Like

They pushed us to May 1st… all training canceled and nothing but real world responses from this point forward.

1 Like

Spent my first day at it
I dont like it.
Nope

Yep working at home since Monday… Our 3 year old girl is out of school so that is plenty of fun. Wife works in at our local hospital in the pharmacy and ready to give birth to daughter #2 in may… So she is at great risk for exposure and they can’t give her a thing. Then she gets all the crazy’s at work and brings the crap home after work.

Music for 60 min before bed is the only current relief (ATM); it’s been a real treat!

3 Likes

I actually have enjoyed remote working. Nice change from the normal.

2 Likes

you just say that cause you can listen to music uninterrupted now. :wink:

1 Like

Yea true. :smiley:
Have to mute the music fast when boss or client’s are calling. Music is On otherwise.

1 Like

well, if you’re using speakers, yeah. I use my headphones cause my speakers aren’t set up at the moment.

that’s actually one of the nice things of open back…I take em off to answer work calls or whatever and I still hear my tunes! :smiley:

Been working from home since the start of this week. It’s quite alright, my girlfriend is also working from home but fortunately my IEMs isolate pretty well so I’m not bothered by her calling at all, even though we live in a small 2-room apartment. Considering buying Sivga sv006s so I can also use regular headphones, the only one’s I have are Koss Porta Pro and KSC75, but those are not great when wroking in a room with other people :P. Probably will be working from home quite a while as well.
As long as there remains food in the grocery stores we’ll be fine here.

I will say, previously I was using my computer to take calls and listen to music. Because of the loading on the VPN, now my DAC has a Sonos piping in. I literally swap inputs on the DAC to mute (since I can never find the remote).

I am a high school teacher, and we are out until April 17. The students are completing work online.

Been working at home the last 5 years as remote IT, no change here.

1 Like

As of 3/21/20 I believe the concept of “working at home” is the new normal for most in the US and many other countries worldwide, and we have elevated, entire industries never thought of before, to the status of first responders and essential personnel.

Good luck to all the service personnel who are about to reach “hero” status in keeping our countries operational. From the cleaning staffs, to the grocery store clerks, to the valiant truck drivers and manufacturing personnel keeping factories running! The folks harnessing essential raw materials, to keep factories open, and Lord bless the entire chain of folks who keep the power, water, sewers, trash, and gas going! I’ve missed a ton of folks who operate quietly and invisibly around us daily, who are now being thrust face first into essential roles, helping the medical community deal with the upcoming pandemic, and every single individual being thrust into an essential role the masses will depend on to keep from falling into chaos. Many are about to go on crash diets and countless others are about to experience “the good old days” about 500 years ago, it’s gonna be like traveling back in time, but it’s NOT gonna be pretty.

I hope I’m VERY wrong about many things, but i have a shelves worth of books I’ve been reading for years, all based loosely on just such an event our world has been thrust into. Folks have been warning the world about this for decades and the government here is possibly getting ready to put into effect plans that have been gathering dust for decades all while being considered a joke when written. The time was weeks ago to look to others and their dire situations, it’s now a catch-up game…

Happy listening to all, I’m settling in for a long session, and I’m going to use it to keep my life as normal as possible as long as possible, this with the comradery WE have here will hopefully make the next few weeks bearable for us all no matter where in the world you are.

4 Likes

Yeah, same here after a week. I just feel cooped up. It might help if I loved my job and I wasn’t already in a state of transition. The wife has been working here at home too, which isn’t bad. Our two cats have been a little disturbed by the change in routine, but they’ll come around.

I want to go back to the office and retrieve some of my gear (and snacks :wink:), but the building is currently “on lockdown” to prevent vandalism and theft. They gave us the entry code so we can go in and get things, but only if we “need them to do our jobs.” I have gear here at home, but of course I want to use all of it. Hmph. We’ll see. I’ll let you know if I break down and go to get my Cavalli tube hybrid, Mimby, xDuoo X10T, and Archel 2 Pro.

1 Like

wish there was some dope around, f-ing boring staying home for that long… xD