How many of you have the Senn HD600?

Impedence is more complex than a number, the 600/650/6xx have 300 ohm impedance quoted, but there is a 600 Ohms spike in the bass range, which is probably why the bass magically fills in on a tube.
They really are totally different headphones on a tube amp.

2 Likes

True.
I was just saying in general though that higher impedance often times means that a tube will change the sound more. I think it is pretty widely agreed that HD600 really are something special on tubes.

Yes the nominal impedance is quoted but there are large swings on the 600

InnerFi has the 600’s impedance spiking to ~550 Ω. But equally, it has the R70x jumping to 900!

1 Like

That’s interesting…

I ended up trading for a set off of CAM. I do like them. This morning I am using my Vali 2 with them. Started off with an hour of Freddie Hubbard and now going through artists alphabetically. Currently in the middle of some Cage the Elephant.

I went from about 11 straight days of Fostex TH-610’s to these.
IMMEDIATE drop in bass! But the sound is much smoother and cleaner. Maybe the 610’s are a little bright?
It depends on the amp and the music, but I am really liking these. It will be very interesting to compare them to the Grado’s and the Beyer’s.

1 Like

The voice is my favourite instrument, so they work for me. 2nd favourite instrument would be horns.

Of course when you want the drums to kick you in the back, you put on your Fostex/Meze 99 headphones.

1 Like

I was offered the R70X on trade for my Shure 1540’s, but ended up trading for HD600’s.

Absolutely, it’s all about preferences. I listen to mostly classic rock and metal, and I need a full frequency range. I need to be able to here all instruments and vocals on equal footing with separation…which is why the HD650 works better for me of all the Sennheisers. It’s also why I love different headphones for different genres and why I own several. Damn money pit of a hobby, lol.

The 610s aren’t bright overall, but do have an elevated peak around 8 to 9 khz. On certain recordings, they do indeed come across as sounding bright (female vocals, higher pitched woodwinds and brass instruments).

1 Like

Compared to the 600 they would be bright though lol

1 Like

I noticed it a little bit, on certain songs, but no big deal. But then when I went to the HD600’s, it was like Wow!

Certainly a cleaner/crisper Headphone.

1 Like

For sure, although that 3.5 khz elevation on the 600s can sound shouty as well, so I guess it depends on the ears. But compared to the 610s, yeah the 600 would sound much darker.

1 Like

Does anyone have a pair of Used 600’s in excellent shape they might be willing to sell me? I would actually prefer the paint speckled model over the new flat black. Just asking…:hugs:

You looking for the black and grey speckled paint or the blue speckled?

I could live with either, i’m trying to avoid the Current new ones, they look boring.

Not interested in paying $400-$500for them though like some of the prices i found across the internet. I can do boring, i’m not dropping stupid $$ on them…

They’re the grey but they’re on sale :man_shrugging:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD600--sennheiser-hd-600-open-back-audiophile-professional-headphones

1 Like

yes those are the new one’s, that’s why i asked if anyone had some used. Adormama and sweetwater both have them on sale and Amazon just recently had them at $250. i passed hoping I could find a nice set of the older speckled model used under $200

I think the old style has gone up in price on the used market surprisingly… I prefer that colour too… good luck

1 Like