How many of you have the Senn HD600?

Sorry to bring back this thread , just hunting round for a few sennheiser posts and saw this one …Just like to add i have a mint 20 year old plus Hd580. And a mint second hand Hd660s . Well pulled the plug on a new Hd600 , new type , from main sennheiser company. And latest offer with code is . £215. Not bad deal i thought. Arriving this week.

2 Likes

Good stuff! I hope you dig 'em and based on your obvious love of the Sennheiser sound I’d bet you will. I’ve always preferred the HD650s myself from the HD6xx series, but I’m likely in the minority and I think both are fine headphones. Make sure you let us know how the HD600s end up workibg for you.

BTW, what amp, DAC, etc will you be running your HD600s off of?

And last, but not least, welcome to HFG! This is a pretty cool spot to kick it and talk gear. :sunglasses::metal:

Hi thanks for the welcome. If im playing my vinyl snd cd from nain hifi then i use the schiit magni 2 which iv found to be ok . For portable use , but still at home i have s couple of small portable amps . Topping nx1, and fiio A3 E11. Tend to use one of my 3 Fiio M7 players . Also have 8 grado headphones too. Which can run with or without my amps. Then for closed back i use my neze99, or focal elegia. But also have the senn hd569 .

1 Like

This is my second pair of HD600s since they came out in 1997, and despite all the innovations and technical improvements of various headphone brands, the 600’s still have a right to exist on the market, and of course a place in my portfolio. :+1:

3 Likes

Wow, nice collection you’ve got! Not to derail the thread, but which models are your eight pairs of Grados? You’re Grado line-up is like my group of AKGs lol! :joy:

1 Like

Grado i have , PS1000, GS1000, RS2e, SR325 gold SR225e, SR125e ( two ) SR60. . And thats it for now . Lol

1 Like

Arrived today early . Great service ftom Germany to the uk . And free delivery.

3 Likes

I hope you dig 'em! Congratulations on the new shiny!

I’ve had the twins with Hart Audio cables for a couple of years, would absolutely take the 600’s over the 6xx if I had to choose, use them mostly for baroque and solo instruments like Viola da Gamba. Would love to get a tube amp and dac but mostly run them off the Monoprice THX Dac/Amp but sound really good on the Questyle M15 balanced.

Ohhh you are not alone with this “problem” :rofl:

3 Likes

Nice to see the micro iDSD Signature! Love the cans.

I’ve had my Sennheiser HD600s for quite a while as I got them as a sort of “control variable”. They seemed like the most known, standard set of nice headphones to use on gear for critical listening. I’m used to flatter headphones, not to mention close backs, so the HD600s were a great intro to the Hi(Fi) life! Ha.

I’d love to try a micro…but they’re so much $$$ in Canuckistan. :frowning:

1 Like

I’d have you review but unlikely considering it’s part of our Legacy connection now. It was one of my favorites as a Diablo predecessor. Aged well as I usually see a few of them present with CanJam attendee’s, with their testing kit and whatnot.