How old are you?

I’m 40…but only been into audio the last 5 or 6 years.

other hobbies, in no particular order are computers / tech, astronomy, microscopy, chocolate and shooting.

3 Likes

I’m 21. I have many hobbies, this is the newest one!

v close to 57 :grimacing: still be giving no fucks :peace_symbol:

9 Likes
  1. I got into this hobby about 2 years ago. Can’t wait to be a deaf old man so I can finally afford everything I want, but sadly can no longer hear. Time is a cruel mistress to us all.
1 Like

Yeah you got that wild don’t give a fuck spirit ohmboy lol. I dig it

You’ll be broke by then lol :headphones: :moneybag::gem: lol

1 Like

I already am thanks to college

21 but relatively new to this hobby but been making music as in playing instruments most of my life. Other hobbies is collecting figures, tech and dabbling in other hobbies

1 Like

36, been in the hobby for 2 years. I am a dabbler, so I have way too many hobbies (climbing, scuba diving, coffee). Hobby fund adds up for sure.

3 Likes

I am old enough that my back hurts :laughing: and not really new to this hobby if you think being Audiophile is enjoying music just always had “endgame” gear cuz I didn’t know what was available. Other hobbies are mainly photography. Though I have tried many other hobbies for a short time to find they are not really for me. Thank goodness for amazon returns.

2 Likes

I’m 44, and have greying hair :grin:. I have been into audio in some form or another since college. I built a B&W surround system in my twenties, and have always sought out high quality music listening experiences.

I never learned anything about headphones until I discovered Z this year. It’s a whole new world that I’m really enjoying!!

1 Like

i’ll be 21 on the 17th, been into audio for about 4 years now

I’ve been into this since I can remember. I’ll just say I’m in the 20-30 range

4 Likes

Im 30, been in this game for the past 2 years. Other hobbies is gaming and raising my 4 kids.

4 Likes

I’m also 36 and have been into this hobby for about 2 years now. Go figure. I have already had 7 pairs of speakers since (really, 5 bookshelf speakers and 2 studio monitors) and see no sign of slowing down. Just trying to figure out what sound signature I really like, but it is leaning towards warm and laid back. Most of my speaker purchases have been from the used market.

1 Like

33 years old and been into audio as long as I can remember, mostly thanks to my father. Though most of it has only just been made affordable since I finally broke into an industry I’ve spent years of education and practice working to get into…

2 Likes

22 here
Been into audio since I fell for a GaYmInG hEaDsEt (~6 ish years ago, since then I own ATH-AD500X’s)

1 Like

hey bj…aren’t studio monitors just another way of saying bookshelf speakers? or did you mean to differentiate between passive and active or something? :wink:

I was dismantling speakers and rebuilding them since I could hold a screwdriver. Nothing was safe.
Always loved music, played guitar for a while.

Hoping to build some real speakers eventually, never had the money to throw and until this year didn’t even have a dedicated amp.

1 Like

let’s see, let’s just say I am on my 20’s and that is about it. Also, there is this thing and I am sure everyone knows this, it’s like you’re not acting as you with your current age. It’s like mentally you’re not at that age yet.

1 Like