How to Read Frequency Response Graphs & FR Graph Interpretations Discussion

Be careful when comparing this graphs, they weren’t taken in the same rig with the same devices. I believe DMS used to have a Mini-DSP rigs when he did this, while Resolve uses a GRAS measurement rig with other ear couplers. Comparing headphone measurements is not as straight forward as one may think.

1 Like

Yeah, I had that weighing on me when I commented about the Argon… But I don’t have a rig of my own and have to look for measurements that are publicly available.

At any rate, the following is what I was reading last night and does a decent job covering the various measuring rigs, pit falls, etc.

1 Like

only problem with graphs is coming from 2 channel and seeing measurements in a chamber making them look amazing but in real world just don’t produce whats on paper. now my ear is going to be different with all its shapes and sizes and will do stuff to that measured graph to sound different so only way I can be 100% is listen as I’ve had super bright headphones not sound horrible. After going through owning many units my favorite are 1266 Verum 1 Edition XS Perun Rock Audeze LCD 3 and Sasha Tres.
There’s more how the sound creates a atmospheric sound which is important and don’t care how real instrument’s sound. My view is because im not listening to anything but edm so look at SQ graph is pointless as I don’t know the proper sound of some electronic noise is suppose to sound like.