I can't help but to feel stuck

Just checked… not without people asking MSRP minimum($200-350 on eBay, all used)

bad example…Apple hasn’t been focused only on audio products or audio quality, whereas that’s Etymotic’s claim to fame and entire purpose / focus.

why not have a peak at Linsoul’s website and see what else is listed in your budget range…then do some Google-fu and see what people think of those that peak your curiosity :smiley:

@Marzipan I apprechiate the input… Unfortunately, between how they are supposed to fit, the tips, and the modified MMCX connector… It just makes me a little uneasy about going for them.
I meant in a sense of “they have been around in their respective field for a long time”. Yes, Apple has been around for over 40 years, but you won’t catch me willingly getting a Mac.
Like mentioned earlier, Linsoul’s delivery times and approach to customer service is too much of a detraction for me right now.

@RiceGuru I’m actually having trouble finding too much on the e4000, as most seem focused on the e1000, e2000, e3000, and e5000. Why the e4000 gets skipped, I don’t know.

@kcrack The biggest downside to me with the Legacy 3 is those damn switches.

@PapaEmeritus While everyone in that thread seems to be circle jerking it to the FH3, the one BIG detraction constantly brought up is how tight the MMCX connector for them is.

I didn’t say buy from Linsoul…I said check them out for options in your budget range. lots of other place to order what they also sell :wink:

1 Like

The e4000 sits at a funny price point. Competes with a lot. And also v shaped. While the rest go for neutral and good and many would argue hits above it’s price point while the 4000 I personally just feel competes not beat but competes with its price point

Hmmm… So if I’m understanding correctly, while the e4000 is fighting at it’s own price point, everything it’s trying to compete with is punching above that.

I have… a couple times now, actually. Only two that seem to catch my eye are the Legacy 3 (I don’t like the idea of those switches), and the Shouer Tapes.

Yeah basically but I also find alot of the people the hype final stuff especially the budget stuff are the type to hype blon 03s. I just personally think it’s one of the nicer vshaped iems at this price point and was pretty enjoyable for most music I put on them

Don’t discount the TheiAudio Voyager 3…it has dip switches so you have a degree of adjustment.
Check them out on Crinacles graph comparison site

but the Final E series IEM aren’t hype, they really are that good…cept for the E5000. someone had a brainfart when those were made.

same thing for the Etymotics, if you can get around their oddities.

Alright, here’s what you should do: save your money. You’ve already got one of the best in that price range with the Starfields. The Legacy 3s have significant QC issues (it’s a complete gamble how they’ll be tuned for you) and the Tapes are painfully shouty in the highs.

There’s a couple of things you’ve got to keep in mind with the sub-200 range: 99% of it is either complete trash or has significant issues. Also, 99% of that entire range is either TWS or Linsoul-level Chi-fi.

I’m frustrated for you, but after reading this thread, you’ve basically made it impossible for yourself because you’re being way too picky and stubborn in a price bracket where you really can’t afford to. Just stick with your Starfields if you’re happy with them and save your money, because little else will be better than those sub-200, and you already have or will write off anything better for some reason or another.

Your detailed approach would actually be really good for mid-range and high-end gear, but it’s really working against you here with lower-end stuff.

6 Likes

That was all I needed to kill it and put the final nail in it’s coffin.

I’m sorry… I forgot to bring up that I’m not a believer in graphs

People say the DT990 are painfully sharp too, though it’s not something I’ve ever noticed. Back when I had my Tin T2 and my K550 (that I still have) both get much sharper to my ears.

Out of everything, I’m actually considering the FiiO the most. That isn’t to say I won’t give the e4000 a try at some point (as the biggest thing that was hitting it for me was the lack of coverage. I felt like I would have been making (to me) a sizable investment on something I had next to no information about. Technically speaking, the only pieces of audio equipment I have broken $200 on is my TA-10 and Jamo C93ii (and even then, I didn’t spend more then $300, it was just over $280). Yeah, I paid more when I bought my Dekoni Blue… With two extra sets of pads. SO by technicality, I don’t count it, cause when you take out the cost of the extra pads, I did pay less then $200.
I appreciate the input, but this is the price range I tend to end up dealing with.

Seriously if you’re not in rush then maybe wait for a reasonably priced Comet to come up, we have an opened but not used set just started on the Bay, one bid so far £1 I’ll see what it goes for :+1:

1 Like

I agree. BluJay’s thoughts/comments are kinda forcing him into an IEM bracket like the Andromeda, but wants to spend 200 bucks. I can understand the frustration. There really are no options for his price bracket and requirements he has put on his perfect IEM.

2 Likes

If I’m understanding correctly, the consensus seems to be that I’m setting the bar of my expectations too high and nit picking the flaws too much for them to realistically line up with my budget. That sound about correct?

1 Like

Exactly. Either drop your expectations for your price range or save your money to purchase something more reputable.

Who wouldn’t want a Lexus for the price of a Hyundai?

we all want the best for the least…so I don’t fault you, but as with almost everything, unless you have an unlimited budget, it’s a game of pros and cons…give and take.

what are the wants and what are the needs and which can you live without?

I get it will be harder than headphones, as proper fit is a huge need. alas, the only way to find that fit is through experience. perhaps expand your hunt to deals in the used market where you will get more for your money. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, about that… I’ve decided to hold off on buying another pair of IEMs (though there are two that have popped up on the buy/sell thread… namely the Meze Rei Solo and the Shouer Tapes). However… I kinda went and bought a bunch of music instead…

1 Like

Urbanfun YBF?

Yeah, from my undersanding, those are like the silicon lottery. Every so often, someone will get a good one… otherwise, it’s a bit of a crap shoot, and there’s no way to tell without plugging it in.

Fiio FH3 > Urbanfun

without the gambling lol.

3 Likes