I got the Moondrop Starfields, and they are AWESOME!

Sound-wise, I think the Starfields are much clearer than the Arias. But I can see why the Arias are the go to right now instead of the Starfields since it is much affordable to get than the Starfields.

2 Likes

IEMs are usually a safer bet than other types of headphones if your wear glasses. On-ears can cause discomfort because your ears are being pressed into the rims of the glasses, over-ears suffer less from this in my experience, but the glasses may cause the cups not to create a good seal.

2 Likes

So I ended up purchasing the Moondrop Arias after reading some more reviews. Wow, totally loving the fit and comfort. Believe it or not, these are my first actual IEMs! (I have had crappy in ears, but nothing like these).

Sound is great, but I am really loving the comfort so far!

I am so new to the IEM world. Anyone know any good aftermarket tip brands I can look into for better seals? Or maybe some better cords?

Thanks!

comply ,ikko, spinfit, dekoni are some of the favorite tip makers the people like to reccomend. cables wise. TRN, Tripowin, yinyoo all make great cheap replacement cables

2 Likes

My favorite tips are Final Audio Type E tips, and I’ve also liked SpinFits as well (CP100 and CP145). I also recently bought some tips from Amazon JP recommended by @Rikudou_Goku as well that seem pretty good.

1 Like

Ha ha. Turn back now while you still can or follow us into the rabbit hole and we’ll see how far it goes together. Final E tips are highly recommended. I personally require Spinfit tips for a proper seal.

Here are just my favorites…

Check out his cable recommendations if you want the best bang for your buck.

Here’s a collection of some extras…

Rabbit hole indeed.

10 Likes

Here we go, dude! LOL!

2 Likes

Mine would be the SpinFit CP145s, since I have used it for my Starfields and imo, they improve the fit, comfort, isolation and sounds. Though keep in mind with the SpinFit145s you are sacrificing the bass a bit but improves the soundstage (Take this with a grain a salt, for I cannot say that whole statement is true to everyone, but for me it does.)

SednaEarfit Xelastecs also comes to mind as well, but they are a bit pricey and sizing can be a bit too big, meaning if you have a Medium-sized ear holes, you need a Medium-Small-sized Xelastecs. I’d take the CP145s for cheaper though.

3 Likes

I started with the pack of Final E series tips, but they have 5 sizes for $22, and adapters to fit narrower stems, which seemed like a cost effective way to cover more sizes, before I start dropping $14 buck on two pairs of Spinfits in a single size.

Cords can get pretty nutty, and I am typing this, I am eying a TRIPOWIN C8 8-Core Silver Copper Foil Braided on Amazon that runs $30, so be aware it gets expensive.

2 Likes

Thank you!