I hope you are all doing fine

IMO we have the luxury of considering this a “bad” year. Life has never been better or easier for more of the population than it has now. Go back 100 , 500, 1000, 1500, 2500 years and you will see unimaginable strife, poverty, death, and horror that we have no perception of.

2 Likes

Woohoo, work quarantined me and a few others who have been on the road the past 2 weeks. I get to stay home till Wednesday making sure I’m not sick before I’m allowed back in the office, The sucky part is everyone else gets to work from home the next 2 weeks, while I man the desks :rage: That’s what I get for being on the road at the wrong time…Lol
Perfect opportunity to catch up on some long overdue projects around the house. Stay safe guys and happy listening to all.

3 Likes

Same here. Also, yes, it’s not the end of the world. So fucking not. Calm down, you got enough toilet paper, and most people here are 20-ish or 30-ish years old and if they even get the coronavirus it will just feel like the flu and disappear like the flu (yeah yeah, contagion, stay at home, talk to your parents or grandparents via internet, etc).

Being quarantined feels like it’s the end of the world for some (lol), but it’s preventive quarantine. The “flattening the curve” thing. i.e.: A free holiday. Enjoy :slight_smile: :headphones:

89744177_4032085836805109_5063429583404007424_n

(Also, image: Is he drinking Corona?)

4 Likes

Funny thing: Local stores are sold out on Corona, wonder how sales numbers are :smiley:

1 Like

Some people are getting Corona beer for 50% off, and the other half are buying it for the memes, lol.

7 Likes

:open_mouth:???

3 Likes

How many people have to be in a room to have two with the same birth day?

Answer

At 23 people, the chance is 50/50 that at least 2 people share their birth day

In other words: Lucky guess

1 Like

First ones of infected by corona are well and cured here. Zero death count also.
One reported minor throat pain, little fever and that’s it. Like minor flu or influenza.

Haven’t bought anything extra, no food no toilet paper or anything. No need since food delivery works and there actually is food in the supermarkets.
Minor step back few days ago from hoarders cleaning the shelves…

Hope the panic hyper’s and hoarders get like… hit by a big tree in the ass. Very deep. lol
Stupid … donkeys dammit.

4 Likes

Working from home enjoying the fact I can work in my underwear and sleep two hours loner in the morning. Hopefully everyone is as lucky as I am and corona soon blows over

3 Likes

The state of my work for the next 2 weeks is in limbo till 1 Eastern

Well as for me, I still have to go work as part of my internship program for it is a requirement for my Uni. Though, due to the quarantine going on here, schools, universities and colleges are pretty much suspended for the time being. I cannot see myself not doing anything at home, so I still come to work as an intern and as well as get some exercises after work for I need to stay healthy after all.

i’m actually a little stressed about this because im also having to think about if a cruise my family is going on is cancelled or not… because im nervous i have to come out as trans to my aunt since i’ll be staying with her instead of being on the cruise and i already feel uncomfy

All of us are man, you are not alone with that type of feeling of dread and worry. I too am worry about my family who are right now far away from me, since I am staying here with my grandma’s at the moment due to my internship, while they are at the capital city in my country that is currently on elevated quarantine. It has been tough and it is not surprising when the traffic is much more horrendous due to the many checkpoints have been placed here.

1 Like

My wife is a nurse, but she works in the bariatric department. Because it’s an elective surgery, they may close her department for a while. Talk about stress…

Your wife deserves mad props along with the others who are working in that field. I mean jesus, both nurses and doctors are at a constant risk of getting some of the virus but they still go out there bravely treating and taking care of patients as much as they can. Your wife along with the others are heroes right now to this current pandemic that is happening right now around the world.

1 Like

Yeah, she’s a great person. The stress on her is crazy though.

Remember your aunt’s reaction says more about her than it does about you. Her reaction is not a measure of your worth as a person.

Myself and those close to me are doing well for now. This outbreak is definitely the most worldwide disruptive event of my lifetime so far. I have to keep reminding myself that it’s all really happening. Memories of 9/11 and living through Hurricane Fran are others I will never forget. Memories of this outbreak will be similarly burned in for a lifetime.

1 Like

I’ll never forget 9/11, I was in the Marines stationed at Quantico, very close to DC. I was dating a girl from Long Island NY and her mother worked in the WTC…3rd floor though so she got out very quickly. Still felt like the world was ending.

4 weeks later I was ordered to report for a briefing and training on advance party invasion battle plans…and a few weeks later I’m in Afghanistan. That was surreal as a 21 year old at the time.

8 Likes

I am probably feeling that right now, for I am at that age this present or close to that. This is burned as well in my mind right now, like for real and I am not afraid to say that I am indeed scared on the possible things might come or problems might it even cause due to this virus.

2 Likes