I think I want to try a different integrated

I’d like something under $1000 and warm and dark and non fatiguing… thanks

Hmm for a speaker amp, have you considered a tube amp lol?

I did but I dont think I want the hassle tbh

Well, I mean what you say matches a tube the most lol. What about a hybrid tube amp? Something like a used heaven 11 or sphynx v3 would be pretty nice

Honestly didn’t consider a hybrid… you may be onto something… though used doesn’t thrill me… I’ve had multiple negative experiences

I think going used through a dealer or a site that is dependent on reputation like usaudiomart, audiogon, hifishark, etc may provide you a bit more peace of mind.

Found this

That’s pretty nice for the price, that’s a solid deal

In the future are you going to upgrade your speakers then too?

I’m liking these speakers quite a bit so far

Gotcha, just wanted to check because what amp you got would somewhat dictate your upgrade path for speakers in the future unless you sold it (although with the rogue it’s pretty versatile)

Yeah lol I know I’m doing this a bit backward but I have the a-s2100 and I’m not sure it’s what I’m after so my thought is get a warmer more forgiving amp and be done… also hit a lower price point more inline with the other gear

I mean seriously I would just keep your amp and get warmer speakers tbh, I think the rogue may be a downgrade tbh. You could actually keep your amp and get a tube preamp like a schiit saga + to try out, which would be what I would do

Edit: I just assumed I misread what amp you had already because it didn’t make sense to me, since most of the stuff you would be looking at here solid state wise would most likely be a downgrade imo lol

1 Like

A downgrade is actually what I’m looking for along with the warmer sound

I guess I am trying to wonder why that is? Besides looking for warmer sound, what other reasons are you looking for something else? I do think if you wanted something noticeably warmer a SET speaker amp would be the way to go imo

A fair question lol moving to headphones has been a revelation and my money is better spent there… the room and use case isn’t worth the journey and the funds I had originally planned

Understandable, makes sense lol. Well regarding the amp then, so not interested in a tube amp for sure? You wouldn’t need to roll the tubes and it would give you plenty of warmth. Here is something to think about, what if you got a tube amp that is an awesome headphone amp and also a very good speaker amp? I may have one in mind lol…

Consider me interested lol

This would be awesome for both speakers and headphones imo, I know you just bought a darkvoice correct, but unfortunate this would outperform it lol

https://www.line-magnetic.eu/en/products-line-magnetic-en/integrated-tube-amplifier-line-magnetic-en/lm-mini-84ia-headphone-amplifier-push-pull-el84-2x3w-detail

And if you wanted something just for speakers with more power for a larger room

http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=94

I’d need the mp-402 power I’m thinking… a few things I’m cautious about tubes is my shelving unit isn’t tall (8.5 inches) so ventilation is an issue and maintenance

Ss just seems easy and care free

That’s fair. So then back to looking for hybrids? Darn tho I think MP is out of canada