I think I want to try a different integrated

I’m all for hybrids

Well, I would say that rouge is up your alley, it would be warmer, but I don’t know how much warmth you are actually going for

I play records and cassettes so I’m not looking for detail or neutrality lol the highs are pretty apparent on the yamaha

Well, I think the rouge would be something to go with, but I do think a tube would suit your wants better but as you say the convenience/maintenance might not make sense for your setup

Yeah I’ll do some research and contact that ad but you’ve set me on the path thanks :beers:

1 Like

Let me know if you want to know more information about Line Magnetic and Musical Paradise. I have owned products from both of those companies and love them. I also have prior experience with Rogue products.
I do want to warn that there is still a significant difference between OTL Tube vs. hybrid amps. If you want very musical warmth, I may be one to steer you towards OTL.

Oh right on… what are your thoughts on the sphinx v2?

Tbh, my response may not be the one you would like to hear. To me, I prioritized warmth and musicality (which it sounds like that’s what you want too) and the only way I got that is when I sold my Sphinx to get OTL.
The Sphinx helped, but I still lost out on the warmth I wanted.
The Line Magnetic finally put it all together.

That’s kinda what I was thinking as well

This is the part that resonated lol

I guess you already know what you want lol?

Well… I know what I dont want lol

I mean… let’s just say that I switched back to my smaller tube amp after only two weeks with the Sphinx

After doing some research I’m actually leaning toward the heaven 11… may just wait for the right price on one of those to pop up

The heaven 11 is pretty sweet, nice all in one with a dac too

1 Like

0 on the used market though but I dont need it today

Do you have a shop that you can try these amps out first? I think that will give you the best information.

No I wish… I’m in the middle of nowhere

well Yamaha is pretty analytical and bright…
The speakers do the biggest part in not sounding fatiguing… but
If you still are considering transistor I would look at Rega Brio oder Elex-R or Leema Elements Integrated … they are both don’t get angry about low res sources and elevate the mids…
If you realy want to get into a very warm and dark sound go Naim Nait 5si…
Im a transistor guy.

Edit: maybe get a warmer phono cartridge

Thoughts?