šŸ”¶ iBasso DX300 New Flagship DAP

Yeah me tooā€¦reckon it will happen in the not too distant future though :+1:

2 Likes

I have a feeling I will be the same if I ever get my library up to scratch :joy:

1 Like

The P6 Pro is Ā£3.5k in the UKā€¦The C9 is Ā£1.5k so that leaves Ā£2k for a DAC of your choice if you donā€™t mind being connected to your laptop/desktop which is where I do my listening.

1 Like

I currently use my desktop setup most of the time since I usually listen when working, but I also do kinda like the idea of being able to listen around the house. Iā€™ll see how I am with a dap that I can use with streaming before I decide on moving to that sort of tier, the price of a P6 Pro would give a nice upgrade to something like a v281 and a higher tier dac like a soekris 2541 or higher for when I get my HeK eventually. Not sure how well itā€™d perform with IEMs though, but with both of those, there would still be room to get a nice IEM amp too I suppose.

1 Like

This was my thinking too :raised_hands:

1 Like

I also kinda want to get some more good IEMs before I go higher tier than something like the dx300 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I think someone asked do IEMā€™s scale well?..I donā€™t think anyone would run the Bird off of a Ā£500 DAP/Desktop set up, yes of course you can but would you run a pair of Susvaraā€™s off a Ā£500 source :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Youā€™d be surprised what YouTube reviewers run something like a Susvara off of :joy:

2 Likes

Probably THX AAA 789

Well, itā€™s probably because they received a loanerā€¦ right * biting nails *?

Indeed nowt stranger than folk :man_shrugging::grin:

Yeah, Susvara off of a topping A90 is never gonna be anywhere near their potential.

I even saw a thumbnail of a video where they had a Susvara resting on a xDuoo XA10ā€¦ needless to say, I didnā€™t even bother watching that :joy:

1 Like

Whoā€™s the first guy? Joshua Valour?

1 Like

You got it in one :joy:

3 Likes

As youā€™ve said once you start out laying larger :moneybag: on sets and sources itā€™s more about synergy than the moneyā€¦@MON has the experience when it comes to this dark art :+1:

2 Likes

I love him though. His content quality is top-notch. Also I donā€™t think itā€™s that bad, because the A90 is a very good amp.

However,there is always room for improvement, so investing more may or may not get you where you want. Since he is a reviewer, he probably wasnā€™t able to arrange a higher-end amp for the review.

But xDuoo XA10ā€¦ who does thatā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a similar thing with cables on IEMs from what Iā€™ve seen/experienced (my Graces are real nice with my plussound cable) but thereā€™s not a lot of people on the forums that like those claims :sweat_smile:

I do really love his production values, theyre really nice. I personally disagree about the A90, but its not really the A90 that I take issue with in this case anyway :sweat_smile:

I just donā€™t see the point in why a reviewer would review a headphone on a chain thatā€™s basically 1/6th the price of the headphone, Iā€™d like to hope that when someone wants to spend that sort of money on a headphone, that theyā€™d be willing to also spend good money to get the most out of them. But thatā€™s wishful thinking I guess.

Exactly :joy:

1 Like

Team cables make difference :metal:

Probably No Theme Reviews? :rofl:

IIRC it was Soundnews (it was in the live thumbnail thing on YouTube)

On a serious note iā€™m amped (excuse the pun) to see what the DX300 brings to the table regarding driving my og Androā€™s, Z1Rā€™s and Vegaā€™s seeing as my og silver Micro is well dated :musical_score::older_man:t3: lol.

3 Likes