šŸ”¶ iBasso DX300 New Flagship DAP

Will good to see how you find it with them, Iā€™m wondering how it may change the characteristics of IEMs that I throw at it.

3 Likes

Picked it up today and I have the weekend to play with it :smiley::musical_score::metal:

5 Likes

So glad I bought itā€¦kicking back with :musical_score: ā€¦

2 Likes

What IEMs have you been trying with it so far?

Just the Z1Rā€™sā€¦took a while to sort a few things as Iā€™m an :green_apple: boy and the android thing was a bit alien but all good nowā€¦Amazon HD streaming like a dream and the first time iā€™ve used a 4.4mm with the Sonyā€™s :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Sounds good, Iā€™m looking forward to hopefully getting one at some point.

2 Likes

Lazy sunny afternoon on the barge so :sunglasses:ā€¦

4 Likes

It actually has a stripped-down android. I have a Galaxy S8 and it definitely doesnā€™t look the same. There are some things that are different, Iā€™ll try to cover them in my review.

But so far, this thing is more than a beast. It is extremely fast (as responsive as my S8) and is so function-packed.

By the way, Ohm, is that the black version with a black case?

1 Like

Black with the blue case :+1:

1 Like

^^^ X2 but Iā€™m just a couple of hours in with just one setā€¦but yeah seems that wayā€¦way too much music to listen to and enjoy lol :musical_score::beers:

1 Like

Itā€™s mind blowing that this has industry-leading specs at an entry-level high-end price. I donā€™t know about others, but the price of this is more than appropriate. Especially once you look at other more expensive DAPs (even those in the 2k price range)

:exploding_head:

Yep probably the next real tier level is Luxury & Precisionā€¦ thereā€™s quite a lot of sonic real estate bragging in between I reckon lol

2 Likes

Great choice on the DX300. I actually prefer the Mki version of the AMP11 amp especially with the Andromeda versus the new Mkii. Many do prefer the Mkii though. I also have the Shanling M8 and that would have been another great option even though you already bought the DX300. Cayin N6ii is a bit too dated imo

2 Likes

I have to say the 300 does have a great synergy with the P1ā€™sā€¦been using the NOS filter and Sony EX10A tips and yeah v solidā€¦I donā€™t miss the Microā€™s X-bass at all tbh :open_mouth:ā€¦definitely a tier above for sure :+1:

PS fuck that setā€™s hard to drive 3.5mm, High Gain and 80% volume :hot_face:

6 Likes

Holyyyy.

Those are some hungry babies.

2 Likes

Aye those P1 planarā€™s need some power to driveā€¦

Need to get a 4.4mm cable and job done :+1:

2 Likes

@voja btw what filter are/do you use?.. Iā€™ve faffed about a bit but overall the NOS or D5 setting seems to be the best for me :+1:ā€¦donā€™t like filters/dip switches/eq etcā€¦I prefer tips and cables to tweak the sound of my setā€™s.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty much the same as you, except that I do not tip-roll or cable-roll. At the very beginning of my reviewer career I did AB testing of ear-tips and between DACs/Amps, and I was so emotionally drained that I never did it again. I am a music first type of guy, and listening to the gear instead of music is highly tiring and unpleasant for me. Iā€™m neither a cable believer nor a cable non-believer.

I have yet to play around with the settings and research what each filter is, but mine is currently set to NOS (D5).

1 Like

Itā€™s great for itā€™s price, but comparing upward to things like a paw gold touch, luxury precision p6 or p6 pro, ibassos own dx220 max, questyle qpm, cowon plenue l, a&k sp1000m (gold)/sp1000/sp2000, sony wm1z, etc those are generally in a higher league of sound performance (with how much difference depending on the dap at hand), but this being said the dx300 speed an ui performance pretty much is top tier in the dap market, as you mention basically like almost a phone speed that some of the higher end players just donā€™t have

I mean to me anything is mostly talk until you hear it yourself lol

Yep

Depends on what iems/headphones you run generally

Didnā€™t realize they got that cheap used now, thought they floated around 1.5k-2k ish, cool to see them become more affordable 2nd hand

Personally NOS fan as well

I mean Iā€™d still pay attention to different tips, given that with iems they can wildly change the sound depending on the iem (or sometimes they donā€™t, depends on the iem)

4 Likes

Yeah thereā€™s one up for $950 just now and its been up for a while I think

1 Like