IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Hi everyone.

I confirm the admiration for Erasmus :slight_smile: I have been a happy owner for 3 days and I am still delighted with them.

5 Likes

Is Paul Wasabii the only squig that has Erasmus?

2 Likes

Now I know why the fit of Erasmus feels so familiar and so good - the shell is almost the same as KZ CRN which I keep until now just for that single purpose that the fit like a glove for easy doning and doffing!

2 Likes

How to profit without effort?

1. Hire an artist.
  2. Draw some weeb bait.
  3. Put it on the box
  4. Tuning the iem? eh, doesnt matter. Spend more money on the artist instead of the iem and we get more profit.

(graphs like a sealed earbud lol.)

8 Likes

Moondrop moment, except they tune to make you deaf. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Just bought some Sony XM4 wireless earbuds today. Does that count as IEM here, or am I doomed now :smiley: ? They sound pretty good after having them EQ‘ed inside the app. And they seal well :nerd_face:

Is $319 a good price for the FH7?

Not at all - in my experience they are $200 and below nowadays. That includes brand new.

One example

And the used listing that was below it

Are they any good?

I haven’t heard them. I’ve heard the FH5, and some have said the FH7 was a marginal improvement. Some people are huge fans of the FH7 (I’m thinking @SoundEater if he has any comment).

My take on the FH5 is that it was great for its time, and still fun now, but there are better choices for timbre and coherency for the same price now.

throw away IEM, keep box - profit :joy:

Here’s my measurement

3 Likes

It is surprisingly close to Kai before high roll off! Interesting I had different feelings in terms of the genre use case for both…

2 Likes

Thanks! Looks tasteful to me. Looks like reducing female vocal intensity/guitar bite from something like the Serial, which isn’t strident or overly pronounced in that area to begin with.

Presumably a very relaxed listen overall?

6 Likes

Don’t forget that it has two switches, so the treble can be boosted. I’m guessing this graph is with both off

1 Like

hey I noticed you have the vortex and are one of the few people who graphed it. would it bee possible for you graph it with the vent filter removed?

I was surprised - if you check both the Serial and Vortex in his graphs, the Vortex looks warmer and has a couple dB more sub-bass?

Relaxed indeed. Adjectives that come to mind: relaxed, balanced, sweet, delicate. The low end is no slouch either. Satisfying thumb. It reminds me of the Vulkan for 1/3 of the price. :ok_hand:t2: :star_struck:

3 Likes

No I’m scared I don’t like it :grin:

1 Like

Nice! So you had both switches off for your graph?