IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Not gonna discredit anyone for having an opinion on cable vs sound, as I do believe it has at least a slight impact. Placebo can have a strong impact; I often times question whether I do notice a difference.

One very important factor when it comes to cables however, and as far as I’m concerned, impacts the overall sound and feeling the MOST is the look of the cable [THIS IS A JOKE]! But I do like a good looking cable!

5 Likes

Listening to All For Metal songs on my Mele during my workout and just wanted to splurge my love for them for what I’m getting from them because DAMN SON! :sunglasses: \m/

There are already some impressions out

5 Likes

Bahahaha you f***er! :rofl:

2 Likes

The QKZxHBB are really very good. I have them connected to by desktop things (SDAC + Liquid Spark) because I’m at my computer… something like the start of So We Don’t Forget by Khruangbin or Theworstthing by Parcels has such full but textured bass. I think a sense of air and space is retained. Solo from the latter hits home, great writing.

Listening to “Mariela” now, plenty of space and reverb.

Aw man going straight on to

Such rich bass. Female vocals have a little grain, could be smoother. That would be something.

Curious what the Z300 can do for mids timbre sweetness. Because I think the xHBB is a set good enough for most people. I do think it’s unusually good vs other basshead sets, I think its price is wild. I like it.

5 Likes

I’m listening to these on the Z300 as I read this! I’m really impressed the the tuning and large stage presence. Her voice in right in the pocket, with a full low-end. The bass is thick , but punchy. I was listening to the IE600 for most of the day and am equally enjoying the Z300 experience.

7 Likes

Do you listen at mostly mid volume on them or high volume?

Im listening at about 70%. Anything more and the bass blows my eardrums:-)

1 Like

Would anyone be interested in a free pair of Tri Star Rivers? Just cover shipping and they’re yours.

Please let me know!

1 Like

What is the sound signature like?

I’d say, very neutral bright to my ears. A little on the thin side if I’m honest but they do have a very nice way of rendering mid bass. Not so much when it comes to the quantity of it, but the speed and texture is quite nice.

Damn, lost me at very neutral.

They’re definitely not for everyone, that’s for sure. I saw some other people trying to sell em off for close to retail on some other sites and I could never lol

1 Like

I am also bear to report that the Tin P1 Max coupled with the NiceHCK BlackSoul + ePro Horn tips is absolute m a g i c.

I mean, truly. What an unbelievable combination. I can see this being a $150 audio/IEM solution for a lot of people.

11 Likes

Almost Sennheiser-esque form-factor with dip-switches and all those accessories + an interesting config
Not to mention price point :eyes:

2 Likes

Holy cow that’s an impressive box + accessories + drivers per side! Wonder how well the three driver types will gel together

1 Like

"The Bridge is the one stop solution for all of your sound preferences” When I read spiel like that and I’m…

5 Likes

We don’t talk much of iems in relation to playing video games so seeing your Duke Nukem has me wondering how are the Z300 for you when playing the Duke or Doom Devil May Cry or any other first or third person 3D action game with good sound design?

1 Like

No idea bro haven’t gamed in years maybe ask that in…

:+1:

1 Like