IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

This summarizes it so well! I gave up on my basshead search because no IEM will give me that. I do get frustrated sometimes when I see reviews use the worst chest point to describe IEM bass cause it just ain’t happening!

It’s one of the reasons I started looking into speakers but they just won’t work for me

3 Likes

Honestly been waiting to hear something about these

1 Like

I feel you both. The most “basshead” IEMs are more about making my eardrums pound, but it’s certainly the “in your head” feeling kind of experience. There is no chest rumble or room shaking/vibrating.

But I do have my set that makes my head thump, and that’s what I’m aiming for lol

1 Like

Especially for Android OS, if you downloan .apk directly from Moondrop’s developer, you can PEQ all Moondrop wireless products including this Space Travel​:smile::+1:

Here you can find more details (twitter shall have auto-translate function)
https://twitter.com/detroitbcm/status/1652457394989940736?s=46&t=0JEY5S3Hf1wWOxR34LyJdw

4 Likes

We’ve made Butastur (with H570) to achieve this with Macro-dynamism mode😄

Spatial, natural, but surely dynamic and highly textured that you can feel the atmosphere shaking, the heat haze or mirage effect of bass👌

Graph for it:

3 Likes

Hmm! As expected!

Moondrop VDSF.

1 Like

I can’t give you any comparison with the STARFIELD OG (I’ve never heard them),
but I can give you a (my, personal) comparison with the STELLARIS:

there’s no similarity between the two sonic signatures at all.

The STARFIELD2 sound much more ‘normal’.

I judge them as good IEMs, with a bit of a tendency to exalt the voices over the rest, with enough detailed sound as far as I can perceive.

I don’t hear any ‘exaggeration’ in the highs or lows that I do hear in the STELLARIS.

This is my unprofessional opinion.

1 Like

Aww god, Herbert’s voice is less cringy. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: yes. LittleWhite’s v1.0 was Herbert’s system voice

1 Like

Saving money 101 :rofl:

1 Like

I see, also the tuning of it seems to be on the niche category, basically for people who are into the SSR’s “shouty” tuning and I think someone mentioned that the Starfield 2 should have been named the SSR 2s. I don’t know man, I am contemplating for it’s been a while I have owned something niche of an item, also I think I can tolerate IEMs that are on the bright side, but not to a degree that those IEMs are just “nails on a chalkboard” treble tuning.

You know what guys? for a safer and much worth for the money purchase. I have decided to go and get the Simgot EM6L, because I love the EA500 and I want an another one that is similar or at least an upgrade from the EA500. Been reading and watching more Starfield 2 videos and so far they have not been good. I have to save up again for the EM6L, but it will be worth it.

5 Likes

There is a very respected guy on a polish audio gear forum who is selling Mest MKII (and Dunu SA6 OG for 250$, but those I just bought) for like crazy 750USD which is probably the lowest I have seen in EU.

Please someone buy it already, as I never been so tempted in my life especially since I am borrowing my MEST OG for some time now…

P.S - as usual I can help in contact and shiping from Poland if needed

4 Likes

I’ve never listened to SSR, so I don’t know.

However I wouldn’t rate the SF2s as shouty IEMs, although they certainly don’t have a warm sound.

They are not very aggressive, as the STELLARIS are.

Of course these are OPINIONS, just subjective opinions.

2 Likes

Controversial, but I rather enjoy the Stellaris with my 70s-80s rock music catalogue the bass is terrific (I am 58 so hearing sensitiveness may be in play)

3 Likes

Oh yes, I like STELLARIS too, in some moments and with some music.
But I don’t classify them as natural sounding and balanced IEMs.

I personally love the Z12s too, but those too are a a bit exaggerated and not too natural sounding (I like the contrast between sharp highs and powerful and fast bass of their sound).

They are IEMs that don’t always meet people’s taste, who on average find them tiring to listen to.

Well, I find the SF2s less ‘exaggerated’ and tiring, and I wouldn’t call them sibilant, even if certainly not ‘warm’.

My judgment on the SF2 probably differs from that of others who, being used to the sound of the SF OG, expected a different sonority.
But I’ve never tried them, so I wasn’t disappointed or surprised.

If the sound of these SF2 is so different from the originals, perhaps it would have been more appropriate to name them differently.

But we all know that a winning product name is comfortable to use because it drives (or should drive) sales.

2 Likes

IEM of the day!! AFUL performer 8 being used for my home recording. Sounding within bounds of natural timbre given that it is a pure BA.

What is your gear on hand right now?

7 Likes

Still burning in qdc Superior

It has somewhat soft yet resolving timbre that somewhat reminds me of Sennheiser’s Momentum 3 TWS’s driver.

Also Floauduo’s Bluelover got some of ear time today.

So well implemented 6BA for $60.

This IEM has a similar film capacitor used on highend IEMs like DUNU’s SA6 to tune treble timbre and it actually works nicely.

7 Likes

BA sets are getting better ridding that BA timbre. The SA6 mk2 is my benchmark for proper timbre for pure BA sets. (to my subjective ears orcourse)

3 Likes