IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Sorry to hear that, it hurts even for me and bad luck you had for sure. my utws5 works every day till now with fd5 no problems. Only good news that it not broke some 1k+ iem :wink:
As you had chance to listen kato - are they similar in sound department, technicalities with fd5? As i wanted to get kato but think they will be too similar to have two. Thatā€™s why thinking about timeless. But still people talk that kato one of the best choices at their price. So question for me still remains

Hi, I compare the two IEMs in this very thread here: IEM discussion thread - #2066 by Eric_Rosenfield

Thanks a lot, will look there surely. As this will be information i need.

Eric, just curious if you ever tried the iBasso CF01? Couldnā€™t rememberā€¦

drftr

Never tried it, canā€™t tell you if itā€™s any good Iā€™m afraid.

In case you ever want to follow up on your research this is a review from Twister6; well-known for his excellent audiophile reviews and a great source. He compares with some completely different kinds of Bluetooth pairings on really cheap to $2,000 IEMs.

drftr

1 Like

with the cyber monday sale on linsoul, whatā€™s a better value proposition between the thieaudio legacy 2 and the WG T-One ($70-$60), I canā€™t find many reviews on the WG T-One but at 40% off itā€™s hard to ignore, the thieaudio legacy 2 has lots of coverage and is a well recā€™d set but i already have the legacy 4, thoughts?

Where did you see it at 40% off?

scroll down

It is 40% off on their ali store though.

1 Like

thatā€™s odd, iā€™ll still be using linsoul anyway i won a $20 off coupon :P, that graph looks awful but interesting enough to try for just $40

@Tristan_Krafft

Did you read this ā€œreviewā€?

https://min.news/en/digital/d2b29e677d20f6fe300907e59840b590.html

Iā€™m thinking to try DMAGIC Solo, I donā€™t need it but Iā€™m curious how can sound, same for Simphonio RX10 that @hawaiibadboy got some months ago.

2 Likes

Hey yeah just read it now and found a YouTube reviewer who unboxed it recently

I think he might put out a review soon, just accessories and design wise Iā€™m liking it. Interesting how slow the info process is for this earphone, Iā€™m guessing they donā€™t send review units out or something.

1 Like

QDC DMagic Solo takes on Hana 2021 / Moondrop KATO - YouTube :ok_man:t6::man_shrugging:t6::palms_up_together:t6:

2 Likes

Dumb question: Is there a gear for sale section on here that I am missing? I am planning on selling my Unique Melody 3DT, but it doesnā€™t look like there is a category? And I donā€™t see a lot of sale posts.

2 Likes

Well, obviously, I am blind. Thanks!

1 Like

For some reason the search on the site hates trying to find this thread, and no dedicated section for it or anything so it isnā€™t the most obvious where it is

3 Likes

Maybe itā€™s time the DQ6 had its own thread.

I think Iā€™ve found my ā€œfunā€ set!

Click for modding photos

With some cotton (FDX1 style) to take off some of the lower treble peaks, this plays Skott - Glitter and Gloss and Led Zeppelin - In The Evening in a really entertaining way, at high volume.

While being my ā€œfunā€ set thoughā€¦ it also showcases what good timbre really is, and I end up more engaged with the following album than with any other set I have:

I like that album, but itā€™s much more moving through these. The cellos for sure, but not just the bassy instruments, the harpsichord too.

So itā€™s a rather eloquent and erodite life of the party. Twenny bucks.

Blur - Tender just came on. And itā€™s sounding really great.

EDIT: These fulfill all the dreams I once had of what the H40 would sound like. When I did listen to the H40, I really wasnā€™t blown away. At all. But these are actually producing the space/bass/timbre I had really hoped for in my mindā€™s ear from descriptions of it.

EDIT2: Tip-rolling paid dividends. These moved from ā€œfunā€ to ā€œsupremely balanced yet engagingā€. With FAudio ā€œinstrumentā€ white tips on, the bass is as present but cleaned up and much tighter, mids really singā€¦ Iā€™m staying up because I canā€™t resist listening to whatever the next track may be.

EDIT3: Although the majority is enjoyment and pleasant surprises, there are moments where the price shows up in treble tuning or technicalities. But if you had to get by on a $20 set, maybe to get some medical or car bills paid, this delivers almost all of what a FiiO FH5 does but with better timbre and for hundreds less. Progress is fast with IEMs, noticeably faster than other hobbies Iā€™ve been involved with.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s basically like my tuning foams mod.

1 Like