IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

just got the indigo recently, i have some impressions here

4 Likes

Mind sharing a pic of the foam mod? I’m loving my T3+ but wouldn’t mind trying some different ways to get a better sound

1 Like

It isn’t for sound, just comfort.

Today, I actually just placed a piece of foam under that saddle end when I put them in. The minute I take them out, the foam just falls out, so there isn’t much to take a picture of. I might use some adhesive in the future, when I know I am in the correct spot, but I wasn’t really sure I was today, and I adjusted them a few times. I am still torn on this as a long term solution.

Ah ok I misunderstood your previous comment. I don’t seem to have a problem with the fit. I might play with the vents this weekend and see if I notice a difference.

How does the BL07 compare to the Aria? In terms of timbre and profile

4 Likes

That’s a though question. Both do their Job very well in their own way. How about a sound demo?

ER2se in the house. Game over, bye all, had a fun time. Wish you all well.

9 Likes

Understandable, have a nice day!

1 Like

I’ve had the A7s for several months now and bought some extra tuning foams and the filters from the LZ A6. The filters arrived today, and the whole process has been plain sinful, but so much fun.

Currently rocking the tuning foams in the black, but purple/lilac turns them really dark and muffled sounding which I kind of enjoy, actually.

*Forgot to add that since the A6 filters are open from the back, you can easily add and remove foam. I’m actually using the blues with high density foam now.

6 Likes

After temporary recovery from my S12 addiction I listened a few hours to the CCA CRA today. This budget pearl is epic for 15$. After watching the Michael Bruce review I had very low expectations and out of the box these sounded indeed meh. However, the picture changed after 50h burn-in to the better. Now the new ultralight driver from CCA/KZ started shining in these overall cheaply built shells.

• Treble extension is surprisingly good
  • Bass is detailed, punchy and fast
  • The driver in general plays very fast
  • Transient response and technical prowess is top of the line in this price range

This IEM is equally suitable for bassheads and treble lovers.
CCA CRA gets a 7 out 5 from me :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Here’s a set that’s rare out there:
Shuoer Soloist

Literally no squigs have graphed it.

The shell is hella smol
 see the comparison between S12 in the last photo.
Here’s the official graph that I’ve requested from @shuoer :

8 Likes

Excited to hear your impressions!

4 Likes

Can’t guarantee since I would need to A/B test it with a lot of budget stuff haha. But one thing I can say right now, is for the price that it’s going for, GET S12. :rofl: :rofl:

It’s not bad at all tbh, but I was also told that my ears are S tier ears that are not too picky in form or treble peak :rofl: But I’m sure that there are cheaper IEMs that can perform as well as Soloist, given that Soloist came out a few years back now.

I’ll state the obvious. Shuoer Soloist, while good, is massively overpriced due to its unique DD. I got it at a discount around $135, but the MSRP on LETSHUOER’s site is a whopping $209
 While it’s DD is impressive in its own right, S12’s planar tech today basically excels in every aspect, and S12’s MSRP at the moment is $149.

I’ll leave folks to do the math themselves.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Was looking at several squigs, but for some reason missed yours

2 Likes

Man anyone in the world try the Lotoo LE-M1? Single DD, only graph measurement anywhere at all is one with an absurdly crammed Y axis:

I can get one for $175, basically $200 after tax.

But not blindly! And can you imagine how hard they’ll be to get off my hands if I’m not fond of them, with no reviews anywhere? I could see if they’ll take offer but I’d love to find out more first.

2 Likes

I can get an Aune Jasper for about the same, but the upper mids look steep. HBB graphed those but didn’t feel the need to make a video of them, which isn’t a good sign for them being outstanding in any way.

Here’s a german short review. You can run this trough google translate.

He measured it with the MiniDSP so this is not very accurate.

1 Like

Wow I appreciate it. Assuming Everest at the end there is a resonance peak just from the coupler, that’s a pretty nice tuning, at least I think so. Could use some more sub bass though
 might be moddable

I’m going to spend the rest of my life cloning a good fitting Dark Magician. If he did custom shells I assume it would change the sound — plus I could never afford one brand new or customized.

1 Like