IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Very excited about the Triton. If it’s regarded as well as the Helios, we’ll have another winner on our hands!

1 Like

Lolll this is sooo expensive

3 Likes

The OG Turii is said to be very accomplished and one of the best DDs by those who have heard it. But yeah, still probably about 8 times more expensive than it should be.

3 Likes

For anyone in the US and looking it looks like the Q5K is back on Amazon. Im torn if I should buy it and return my BTR3K. The Fiio does nothing wrong and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything but it just seems like the Q5K is a better device overall

Q5K has 3x more power and had PEQ. It’s quite the big upgrade.

2 Likes

I was in a similar situation and decided to keep BTR3k… even though my device had battery issue … (though I couldn’t return the BTR3K and had to pay for 5K) but I figured I’d hear more difference if I spend the money on an IEM instead of source… BTR3K is fine especially if you use its 2.5 output. and it takes a trained ear to notice the upgrade … though if you have harder to drive IEMs or headphones then yeah you’ll gonna need the extra power.
personally its hard for me to notice difference between BTR3k, Xumee dongle, oneplus 7p output, KZ AZ09 Pro
they all sound similar to me with minimal differences. and all have enough power for my IEMs to tear my eardrums apart! (even BTR3k in 3.5 output)
but I Instantly notice difference when I switch IEMs
I won’t say my opinion is the right one… a lot of people would tell you to pick a better source

3 Likes

Yep, saw that a couple days ago and ordered one. Unfortunately delivery is still a few days out. Ready to replace my trusty ES100’s 10 band EQ with the PEQ function!

1 Like

True and that’s what makes me want it. However i dont really like EQing and while the extra power is good I doubt I’ll ever need more than the btr3k puts out. Since I got the btr3k on Amazon via prime I can return it no problem. My biggest concern is I won’t like the buttons and general finish on the Q5K vs the btr3k but maybe I should just pull the trigger and do it

What transducers are you using on it?

And I assume you are using balanced, cuz otherwise its not much better than some smartphones.

Olina right now. If I get a new one it will prob be a serial, canon or something else in that price range. I’m using SE but have a Xinhs Graphene balanced cable on the way.

1 Like

Yeah, I would go for the Q5K. Even more so when you can get back the money for the BTR3K.

2 Likes

S12 are real nice, since i use the M11 ltd on high gain them and the olina thump

1 Like

dude… are you like my evil doppelganger? :joy:
we both have olina, BTR3K, considered buying 5k and waiting on xinhs graphene cable :rofl:
jokes aside, please let me know if you tried 5K and noticed the upgrade over 3K. maybe I go for it as well … looks like we have similar tastes LOL.
if you can get a refund for 3K , I think 5K is a nice consideration…! if you can have them both for a while and compare them together it’ll be easier to decide.

1 Like

Lol for real! I ordered the Q5K and it should be here in a week or so. I’ll A/B for a week and let you know what I think! Unfortunately my balanced cable won’t be here for a couple weeks so it will have to be comparing the SE inputs

3 Likes

it’s ok… my cable should be in my hand by tomorrow and I’ll let you know if I could hear the upgrade

1 Like

I have had both in my opinion use the Qudelix. It is better as I have owned both or in my opinion it definitely id

1 Like

do you mind answering some questions?
did you A/B them or you judged based on your memory?
did you use balanced output of 3k or SE?
which IEM do you use mainly?

Sure I was working. I listened balanced and some single ended. I had both so not memory. Blessing 2 Mele borrowed Dusk and a ISN H 40 The ease of use and battery life when charged was all in Qudelix favor. Sound quality well both are nice and that what your ears tell you All things in consideration outside of looks the Qudelix is just easier to use You wired dac or Bluetooth. I always say when you have them trust your ears not mine :wink: have fun

3 Likes

So far the best tip-rolling I’ve found for the Penon Serial has been the EP00 small size deep inserted for a warmer lilt, and AE07 (or clones) of medium size for a little more air.

I’ve tried inverted KZ Starlines beig before on other sets without enjoying the sound change particularly.

On the Serial it is the most spacious sounding configuration yet. I don’t think any bass is lost, and none of the detail is fatiguing. It’s also incredibly comfortable.

You have to try for yourself to see what it does for stage.

1 Like