IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but arent beyers very treble focused?

Please give us a small description or else you will end up getting all kinds of recs :joy:

Beyers are treble focused, but they come with a nice bass and sweet mids aswell…i meant especially the wide holographic stage of the T1 and the imaging.
Sound wise, i think the treble on the T1 is well done, it’s rounded off and not overly sharp.

I will research all the recommendations I got and see if there is a good starting point. A friend of mine bought the ikko oh 10 as his first iem and I will be able to demo that aswell.

Ikko OH10 is a V-Shaped IEM, but that’s a great starting point. Start there, listen to that first, come back and see what you like/dislike about it.

Anyway, my take on price/performance for you is stock Olina, but let us know what you think after you try that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is not 100% correct, as the bass is pretty different and feels more V-shaped. The problem with Airship is that Olina exists and basicly canibalizes it due to price and much better fit/shell.

1 Like

Those are some nice HPs that you’re coming from! You might need to set your expectations regarding holographic staging and maybe even imaging, or set your budget appropriately :joy:
Are you dead set on IEMs? Because you may consider earbuds - they are the half-way point from HPs to IEMs, and have killer value/performance.

Yeah, what I meant to say is that, the Airships are at least close to a modded Olina, not as a stock Olina. My bad on that part.

2 Likes

hi guys. which one do you suggest me to get
Shanling UA3
Xduoo Link2 bal
I’m going to pair it with Olina which is a neutral-bright IEM and I’d like the source to have some warmth without sacrificing open.
Also I’m using FIIO BTR3K balanced. will I notice noticeable improvement If I pick either of these dacs?

50 USD Planar + BA. KZ has been undercut lol.

5 Likes

Do you want a dongle or a BT amp?

1 Like

BT is preferred but SQ is more important

Is it just me or do they look like toilets?

11 Likes

I’d grab Qudelix5k or ES100 mk2 and run with my money :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Now that you mention it they do ahahaha. Hope they turn out as the shit, and not shit :joy:

Olina is soundstage+treble with great tech at $100 :wink: You’re probably looking at the Z1Rs for endgame. Not too sure about mid-price point though since all I’ve heard at that range are the Dunu SA6 and EJ07M; I’d rec the 07M over the Dunu’s for what you’re looking for.

I thought dongles have noticeably superior SQ … I have BTR3K which is similar to those two and sounds pretty good on balanced output.
still not sure what’s the next upgrade without spending much :smiley:

If you can stretch the budget, my rec for you for warmer dongle is the Cayin RU-6 for sure. Love that thing.

I will do a take on Questyle M15 and RU-6 very soon, my two favourite dongles.

1 Like

I haven’t tried RU6 but saw a review on UA3 which was stated that it sounds very similar to RU6. have you tried UA3?

No, but I’ve heard wonders. That would be my pick between the two you listed, in order of curiosity. Bal is also well regarded for its stage size, as far as I know.

2 Likes

I recently sold my Focal Clear, which had very 3d staging aswell…
:sweat_smile:
I just want to start at one point and see how i feel about IEMs. The last time i tried them, i was too much on the over ear hype you know…
Now i have settled for on my headphones but the itch to try something new hits me.
Budget is strechable if i find a signature that i really like!
I´ve seen these stainless steel fiio earbuds and think something like that would for sure be interesting, but i have no idea for now.
@nymz i will do that.
Maybe i will order the olina too since its not too expensive and seems to be pretty nice!

2 Likes

I may be very late to the train, but it’s finally my chance to see what all the hype was about. Godspeed to me!

Edit: I think my earliest impressions are that I am not big on LCP DDs as a technology, putting the Aria and T3+ up against other DDs. I’m glad that fad seems to have passed

4 Likes