IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Yeah - my hope is that generally mac users tend to keep everything in the ecosystem and he has found a program that achieves it as I also thought there was no system eq on iOS.

I mean there is the audiogram workaround where you map an eq to a hearing profile and say it’s a hearing deficiency. You can apply that through health to gain a system wide eq…

UPDATE - damn it was android @VIVIDICI_111 thanks for coming back anyway chap

1 Like

Yep, unfortunately I was right about that android part…

1 Like

I had the Timeless, the more I listened to it the more I realized there was something about it I just didn’t like and I couldn’t ever put my finger on what exactly it was. Between the Kato, Olina and Timeless, music sounded a bit “unnatural” if you will on the Timeless

5 Likes

I have yet to hear an IEM that’s not above $300 that has the “wrap around your head” feeling that the Starfield gives me

I can’t find a planar that doesn’t sound “uncanny” to me yet either.

2 Likes

I can see that. I do listen to a lot of electronic music so there is less emphasis on sounding “natural”. People have described Timeless having planar timbre.

Yeah I agree - I don’t think planar timbre gels with me. I listen to a lot lot acoustic jazz and classical music, and DDs sound most organic. I wonder why!

5 Likes

Yes! I also took the chance, per @GooberBM rec - I’ll just say, it’ll be my set I take with me the most I think. I’ll definitely let you make your own opinions on the set, but I swear the Rosefinch does sound pretty damn good for the money.

1 Like

It’s really unfortunate because people talk so highly of the planars but I’ve heard the Raptgo Hook and the Timeless and they both give me this weird sound that I can’t help but notice and I really don’t like it

2 Likes

DD is definitely my preference, I’ve tried a hybrid and tribrid and they didn’t tickle my fancy the way my DD sets have

2 Likes

I’ll second that I actually preferred planars to DD’s for a while and still enjoy them a lot
Mjolnir MK2 and IE900 are so good tho

As far as DD go, I still enjoy BL-05 with EQ (great CNT driver) and I really liked JVC FDX1 when I tried it.

1 Like

Does anyone here use the Blessing 2 or Variations with Spinfit CP155 tips in small? I wonder if the nozzle fits my ears, I always use small tips on my IEM‘s.

Are the IE600s worth it

Can you give more context? What type of music do you listen to, how loud, what tuning do you like, what do you prioritize in an IEM etc.

IE600 is very clear and detailed for its price; more than variations and around the same as Monarch MK2 if not more. Imaging is also super precise; I’d say it’s just a hair below the U12T around the same as the EJ07. However, stage is not the most expansive, and separation is just ok. It also doesn’t do any frequency amazingly, just very very good all rounder. And don’t even think about it if you listen loud.

1 Like

It’s time for the Chinese and Germans to learn how to make IEMs from the Americans!!! :wink: :laughing:

Got my XINHS x Akros Erasmus this week. It is something special, period. :slight_smile: Build is amazing, but the tuning is where the magic is, it is just perfect. It is kinda neutral, but somehow still engaging, with really nice imaging and details, plus a detailed, controlled yet bouncy bass. There is no noteworthy flaw in tonality or timbre, and that alone makes it worth every penny. It managed to split my attention away from my (coincidentally new) UM Mest MKII, at 10% of the cost… Yeah, I’ll chill these, it’s well deserved!

9 Likes

He said to PM him on Facebook for buying, I never got a reply to any of my PMs

I think it was a limited batch and there was lots of interest, but perhaps there will be more batches…

I wonder if he’s a bit busy these days - he hasn’t replied to me either, and he is normally pretty responsive