IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Zero is a beast :fire::fire:

I hadnā€™t listened to Zero in a bit, because Iā€™ve had a bunch of other sets in my ears Iā€™ve really enjoyed.

Spending the day with it has reminded me to put some damn respect on itā€™s name. You could spend a lot more money and not do this good.

Bad news for the p1Max: the fit seems peculiar, especially for my right ear. Something with the angle of the nozzle, combined with the lack of blocking step make it a weird fit. Using the zero tips seemed to make thing better so thereā€™s still hope. I guess Iā€™ll finish with a hard stem tip (final E, azla sedna) or long port ones (spinfits, azla sedna).

Anyhow, tip rolling will be a priority for this set.

2 Likes

BlonBL 03 with tuning foams. No complaints from the last hour.

Yaā€¦I just did the shortbus mod (Tanya Filter) and with pure silver cableā€¦pleasant surprise. Tight bass with very open sound. Little tricky to fix the filter though since the lip inside the nozzle is very thin/short but doable. The tuning, timber and tonality of this set is special and its somewhat intimate which surprisingly i started to like.

1. BL03 with Tanya filter
  2. Final E tips using O ring
  3. Kbear Limpid pro pure copper cable
  4. Tempotec Sonata HD pro running BHD software
  5. Neutron player with pcm to dsd option turned on.

This set became rotation along with S12, Olina, BL01 after long time post mod BL03 rocks.

Never saw it being in the same track with B2. I will make a comparison when it arrives too.

2 Likes

About $540 lighter, but it is time for potential musical bliss. I am quite excited.

Will he love these to death? Or will they not be enough? Tune in sometime in the future when I talk out my ass about how these are. (So far Vortex have been pretty good after 20 mins of listening.)

6 Likes

Finally have Final Type E and Radius Deep Mounts in my possession (thanks to @GooberBM for taking the plunge and ordering from Amazon JP).

Damn. I can see why theyā€™re so popular now. The Final Es are absolutely fantastic with the Timeless. Pumps the mid bass up a hair, while retaining everything else pretty much, maybe narrowing the stage a hair? But the Timeless doesnā€™t have wide stage as it is so no worries there. The RDMs are so stellar - their shape is definitely a bit strange, theyā€™re a bit stickier than I anticipated but they work so god damned well with the OH10.

Overall - Iā€™m a happy camper :pinched_fingers:

Edit: Jesus Christ, so many typos. I have to learn how to proof read :joy:

8 Likes

Astrotec Phoenix from Australia and tgxears Serratus from Canada both in LA at the same time!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been holding my breathe for an official squig on Top. Not sure I can hold it much longer. Now Iā€™m eyeing the Meteor for some air. Please send help! Whatever one I go for will probably be my last until after the new year.

1 Like

Yes Final Eā€™s are greatā€¦I have it on everything except Rosefinchā€¦the nozzle is too big to fit.

Finally on mid bass slamā€¦for me the winner is BLON BL03 after shortbus mod just 1 tanya filter replacing metal mesh filter. Absolutely opened up bl03.

For some reason Rosefinch sounds boxyā€¦may be its my ear. Its same league as BL01 similar bio driver both excellent sub baas but mid bass authority/shake head BL03 with the filter mod for me. Dont need much powerā€¦just ahines on Sonata hd pro.

2 Likes

:eyes:

4 Likes

Here ya go bro

11 Likes

What! Youā€™re the man @hawaiibadboy. I didnā€™t realize you had gotten your set in. Maybe Iā€™ll hold out to hear your initial thoughts on it. Seems like they went well on the Meteor for you.

2 Likes

PSA if anyone is dealing with compacted wax in your ears I highly recommend getting a al little syringe and medicine cup, and shooting warm water mixed with hydrogen peroxide into your ears. If you put a lot of force behind it the wax will just shoot right out! Itā€™s gross but oh so relieving!

5 Likes

Oof (PTSD) - I did this at a doctors office about 3 weeks ago for the first time in my life and holy shit ā€¦. The feeling is unbelievably strange. I was dizzy and nauseous for hours after but my ears never felt more clean lol

2 Likes

I know weā€™ve all had our share of ear wax stories for the day/week/month/lifetime, but my two cents: i have dry ear wax so never coats the IEM grill or eartips :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

so I had this done at the Drā€™s previously as well and I almost puked afterword! Because itā€™s a little syringe though it doesnā€™t have enough power to get you all dizzy. It also doesnā€™t clean out your ears fully but it definitely does a good enough job to relieve the discomfort.

Somewhat unrelated, I have an appointment with the ENT in two weeks to get a full cleaning and see the audiologist for a hearing test. Is there anything else people recommend me asking/getting done while I am there?

1 Like

Man thatā€™s so dangerous you really donā€™t want to be doing that shitā€¦ get a professional ear vacuuming or micro-suction our ears are more than just our hobby.

5 Likes

Yeah I damn near puked right there and then in the office. The sound of the water being forcefully pushed into my ear was so jarring - it sounded like I was under a waterfall honestly. The Syringe the doctor I went to used looked like this:

Warm water + Hydrogen peroxide like you said and I was pretty damn cleaned out.
Unfortunately though, at the office one of the nurses did say that my left ear was irritated to the point that I could develop an ear infection and that I should not use IEMs for at least 2-3 days. So I didnā€™t. I actually waited about 5 days because I was so nervous of getting an ear infection. Well - 2 weeks later, what do you know? An ear infection in both ears :rofl: Still getting over it now. I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is, be careful doing it at home as you canā€™t see inside your own ears, and even If you could, who knows what weā€™d be looking at, right?