IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

^^^You can hardly listen to music on this!
Most TWS are rubbish, except for PodsPro 1 and 2.They are Olina in the wireless connection. Save a little more and get PodsPro. Otherwise Huawei Pro2. :wink:

2 Likes

How is Huawei compared to $100-200 IEMs? like Olina, S12, Kato etc.
Also how’s the latency? some buds (the ones without gaming mode) have noticeable delay when connected to my TV. does it have gaming mode and is it effective?
(I like natural midrange, good imaging and soundstage… something like Olina)

Yeah my Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro has some lag when watching movies :frowning:

1 Like

They’re fine when connected to phone. because the phone basically delays the image and make it synced with audio. But it’s not like that on TV … unless the buds have gaming mode.
It can be synced in some players like Pot Player … but it’s annoying and doesn’t work on YouTube for example :grinning:

Not a bad price now…

2 Likes

@tgx himself recommends these silicon rings under the foam:

I’ve tried it and it works like magic

EDIT: just saw he mailed you some, he did the same for me, such a great chap!!

7 Likes

That UNDER the foam? Is it supposed to keep the foam in place? Very interesting

wow, thats interesting for sure.

Looks like thats one of the round planars, similar to the type used in some of the Tin Hifi planars.

OPPO´s previous planar experience:

(Headphones)

2 Likes

Latency is crap on these, they don’t support aptx LL only LDAC/AAC/SBC.
As I wrote a few weeks back I’d happily buy these as a wired DSP version for >$100. That brings me to Moondrop.
I think and hope Moondrop is up to something bigger with their Quarks+DSP release. They have the opportunity to claim a whole new market segment: Wired IEMs with built in DSPs.
This enables them to design frequency responses as they wish without fidgeting too much with IEM shell, nozzle and filter design. And it would be big for us customers, more variety from a single product. And if they create a nifty app we can share custom made eq/DSP profiles.

2 Likes

Nice, I can’t wait to get the Encos in my hands and ears.

1 Like

How much did you pay for it? Noticed its on sale on amazon here in sweden for 132 usd…

€119 Black Friday deal on Amazon.de and DE delivery address.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks man. That was very helpful.
I’ve heard there’s a gaming mod available in Huawei companion app. Have you tried it?
(It should be the most effective on SBC codec)

1 Like

Oh indeed there’s a LL mode. Thx :smile: It works pretty good with youtube videos on my Android phone. Lip sync looks fine.

1 Like

Nah, it’s supposed to add girth :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

what about UTWS adapters from Fiio?

Those dont have ANC.

2 Likes

ah i missed that

Maybe I should try that for a better fit too… I’ll contact him but I’ll see if he’ll at least let me cover shipping.

EDIT: Jim already read this and put some in an envelope for me :')

2 Likes