IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

The rings are actually meant to be used to increase the diameter of the shells to provide a more secure fit.

I just bought some! I think Iā€™ll cut out a foam to just cover the DD plate, then hold in place using a silicon ring. Letā€™s see if that maintains the same sound but is comfy for many hours :raised_hands:

I bought a similar system, with hooks on top to further secure the fit. I installed it over the already installed foam without any downside.

2 Likes

NX7 came in today with no box cover or wrapping :upside_down_face: Was clearly an used unit but seller sold it as new. Probably wonā€™t be buying from these guys again. You guys should watch out too. Good thing Amazon has a great return policyā€¦ sellerā€™s called Dilvpoetry Amazon.ca: AOSHIDA HIFI

And no itā€™s not the used version since that costs $191 vs the $239 I paid for.

7 Likes

Heyo, got a question for any of you who have experience with Penon Audio. Do you know if Penon does Price Adjustments? I got my Vortex and SERIAL last week, and a few days later (seriously why did I not wait like 3 days for sales, idk how I didnā€™t think about it) the Black Friday sales show up. I would be able to save around $50 if I had bought them now, and that would be real nice considering how much Iā€™ve spent on them.

I did email Penon twice asking about this, but havenā€™t gotten any responses

(Edit: Just as I post this, Iā€™m thinking maybe they arenā€™t answering due to it being the Thanksgiving weekend. This dumbass brain of mine is why I think spending $500 on IEMs is a good idea :smiley: , totally worth it though lol)

I have no idea about price adjustments, but I donā€™t think theyā€™re not responding because of Thanksgiving. Theyā€™re based in Hong Kong and Thanksgiving is a distinctly American holiday.

Shows you how much I know lol. It is odd though considering the other times Iā€™ve emailed them a question, they responded within the same day.

1 Like

In my experience they have honored past deals long after I missed the opportunity but contacted them to see if theyā€™d allow me to purchase at the deal price. I think theyā€™ll get back to you.

2 Likes

And would you look at that, right around the time you replied, I get an email from Penon. Feels good to save that bit of cash, especially with how good of a deal these IEMs normally.

2 Likes

Hey bro, did you contact Penon to see if your MEAOES Eagles were one of the pairs sent out with the wrong filters installed? Apparently some of the earlier production units had the wrong spec filters installed thus creating a tuning where the treble is too bright/hot/sibilant. I seem to remember you buying them pretty early so I was just wondering. I guess theyā€™ll send out the correct filters if yours have the wrong ones installed. Thatā€™s what sime folks on headfi are saying anyways.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up I had no idea - I was an early buyer and the treble is too much for meā€¦ Iā€™ll chase this up!

1 Like

No problem! Sounds like yours might be one of the units that is effected so hopefully they can get you sorted out.

1 Like

Hexa came in around a weekā€¦ Meanwhile Iā€™m still waiting for SA6U bought last month :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Cause Hexa was already built, and the SA6 wasnā€™t.

Because $600 IEMs have worse rollouts than a $80 set :man_facepalming:t5:

5 Likes

My question is why didnā€™t they pre-build them :joy: They were gonna sell out for sure soooo

1 Like

God dammit, these shipping times will forever be unbearable for me :upside_down_face: Itā€™s almost worth just waiting for any set to end up on the 2nd hand market as shipping from a person seems to be always faster than from a company ā€¦ case in point, @Sonofholhorse sent out a pair of Hexas for me to try last week on Friday, and Iā€™ll have them today by 9pm!

3 Likes

Nice nice. Estimated shipping for the Hexa was originally Dec 9 to 30th so I was super surprised that they were at door this morning. They sound great so far :metal: Clarity is nuts for under $100; more impressions later :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I shall too have some impressions for everyone later on :sunglasses: that is some crazy fast shipping though I will say. Enjoy em, brother!

1 Like

Get your money first, ask forgiveness later

1 Like

Meanwhileā€¦

Strike three for under-original-price listings earlier than many have got them new.

3 Likes