IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Maybe if they had done this once I could buy that. But now that they’ve done it with the SA6U too, you cannot convince me that this isn’t deliberate and that they know exactly what they are doing!

2 Likes

Oh, they do. Look at all those suckers who bought the SA6U… like me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They are excellent. I have zero complaints for an all-BA set (and I think these are among the units that can change peoples’ expectations of what an all-BA set can do!), and with the tonality, I think that I may be keeping these and letting my U6t go (at least until The Storm lands). I find that I like the Ultras most with wide bore tips. The most surprising thing about the Ultras is that, although I don’t find them lacking for details or highs, they never get uncomfortable or out of control for my ears.
Actually, I do have one complaint, and it’s the cable; it has an amazing build but it is way to stiff for my normal use and I don’t like how long it is with the adapters at a right angle. Those are just personal use nitpicks though. I currently have them paired with a Tripowin “Moss” cable, give a Chrismas vibe with the red/green lol.

5 Likes

It’s got to be a matter of tooling or costs for “short runs” of the special editions, otherwise why would they not do extended runs? I’m also not sure what agreements (in this specific case) they may have with either the sole retailer (Hifigo) or influencer (Zeos Pantera) where they may be mandated to only do a limited run, possibly even down to the specific configuration. @sebastien_chiu_iFi may be able to shed further light, but then again, he may also not be allowed to share all of the information.

1 Like

Moved to rumors/new items

RIP McVie :cry:

7 Likes

I always liked her much better than Stevie. Not that they were having a competition or anything…

Sad news, indeed. Rest in peace. :dove:

6 Likes

May I ask one question without sounding dumb or completely oblivious? What is this ‘Storm’ IEM I keep reading about around the various forums? I am so lost - I must of missed the newsletter or something :upside_down_face:

@toranku is the man to ask, but there should be a flood of news is the coming weeks as it approaches release. I think the tl;dr would be that it’s a balls-out attempt at making an IEM that mimics actual studio monitors with proper room gain, utilizing novel technologies and a no-cost-limit approach in cooperation with the Symphonium guys.

9 Likes

Oh jeez, thank you for this - I finally feel like I’m in the loop! :sweat_smile: I’ll dive in now, thanks again :v:

Guys, this is a bit of a sad day for I lost my own set of 7Hz Zeroes. I cannot seem to find them anymore for I knew I might have had misplaced them here in my home. Man it sucks, it may be a budget set but it is budget that it is a killer to have, I order a new set of 7Hz Zeroes again just in case I cannot find them anymore, but if I do find my own set I might as well give it as a gift to a friend or relative who is like in need of a good set.

1 Like

Thank you for tagging me!

The STORM will see its official release soon (we will start teasing it in the next week or so), and we are working to update the current webpage to best reflect the STORM’s achievements and technologies. Really, really excited to show the world what it is all about.

Every STORM will be made to order (each pair requires 2 full days at full production capacity of the Symphonium team), and preorders will be open during launch. Lead times will be announced in due time.

Thank you for your interest & support!

7 Likes

"With bass that is as dynamic as it is versatile, experience a whole new level of IEM bass.”

A bold statement that…with the likes of Fat Freq about :thinking:

2 Likes

I hope that you find them!

1 Like

After reading the webpage, I assume they’ll be far away from what my wallet can stomach but I definitely look forward to seeing them out in the wild.

I wish you the best of luck with this crazy endeavor!

3 Likes

$5200 USD oh lord :eyes:… ima have to pass bro not in this economy :rofl: Looking forward to your impressions of the storm @Sonofholhorse !

4 Likes

Is that how much they are?!

A part of me wants to say I’m not surprised considering just the cable that’s packaged with them but … oof - eye watering.

I hope everyone that gets a pair enjoys them! Cause I won’t be one, that’s for sure :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@VIVIDICI_111 @domq422 There’s a reason that I said my budget was blown for the year lol. And the current price is for a later crop of pre-orders, I got in at a cheaper price but it was still enough to make wallets cry. I just wanted to go big and to help support this endeavor since it was both a product of a smaller company as well as a startup by someone who has been in the community for a long time. I figured hell, I can afford it and if it doesn’t mesh well with me I can always pass it on at a marginal loss. And while I probably won’t be willing to ship it around for demos, I will be more than happy to let people try them if I ever make it out to a gathering of some sort.

6 Likes

Makes sense to me, man. I had a similar thought process when I bought the Monarch’s. (Albeit at a much lower price) $1000 is still a ton of money for anyone, it took A LOT of convincing with the wife, don’t get it twisted! :sweat_smile:

There’s really nothing like supporting one of our own - I look forward to seeing them succeed. I know for a fact that the guys over at the Water-cooler will have a pair or two floating around.

3 Likes

Fan 2 came in today and I’m getting some time with it. I gave PsyTrance/EDM a go first since it’s the genre where I felt the Meteor didn’t wow me. Man oh man the bass on these is far from what the chart would lead you to believe. Those dual 6mm DD give off fast, punchy and meaty bass. My main gripe so far seems to be with vocals. I’m not sure if it’s part of the Penon House sound that is often referred to but, vocals seem to husky and almost nasally at points. This seems to my issue with most Penon IEMs I’ve heard.

Fan 2 just doesn’t seem like it’s idea for vocals for me. It’s a bummer because the dual DD is really nice and the IEM as whole does well on non dominant vocal tracks. Just whatever is going on with the mids isn’t sitting right with me on vocal focused tracks. I’m going to need some more time on these before I call it a wash for sure. As of right now though it’s looking to head that way.

4 Likes