IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Unfortunately, I almost never intend to be cool as f*ck and when I do it rarely works out lol! :joy:

Thanks bro! Iā€™m looking forward to this one for sure. Having a break has been fun, but Iā€™ve been getting a bit restless to get this started. The next few years are going to be cool. Itā€™s time to see if weā€™re gonna make the next big step/leap with this tour and a new album. Exciting times ahead! :metal::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Aye, you guys got this - all the good vibes for you and your band, my brother :call_me_hand: I have no doubt that you have the passion, the percussionist drives the band in my opinion so I know youā€™ll bring ā€˜em down the road of success :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Alright I have to ask, sorry if Iā€™ve missed it or youā€™d rather not say. What band are you in? I feel like itā€™s a white elephant in the room and Iā€™m the only one who doesnā€™t see it. Completely understand if youā€™d rather not say. Maybe thatā€™s the Anonymous part of your user name.

4 Likes

Actually, I already explained once that my record company gets to control all of our internet and social media output so anything not controlled by them has to remain private from the general public or anonymous. They included this in our contract because of an incident I had on a drum forum years ago where I criticized a product from a certain drum equipment manufacturer that I had an endorsement contract with at the time endorsing a different product line. Folks on the forum that knew who I was blew it up and it ended up becoming a much bigger deal than it ever should have. It cost me that contract and when we moved from our last label to our current, bigger label they insisted on the ability to control my bandā€™s and its memberā€™s public internet and social media presence. They also get to review my anonymous interactions every now and again to make sure Iā€™m following the rules.

For instance, I canā€™t post on headfi right now because they are reviewing that account again (2nd time in 3 months) because of some problems I had with someone over there. When I do business on the internet I donā€™t use my name or address. I use the name and address of someone I trust who has volunteered to allow me to do so. Well, unfortunately someone over there was discussing me with someone I did business with and was given the name and address I used in a transaction. This person looked it up on facebook and Google and started sending messages to the account of the friend whose info I use about how he was gonna tell everyone who I really am. It was childish nonsense caused by someone with far too much time on their hands and nothing constructive or positive to do with it.

It has nade me rethink posting on headfi in the future and Iā€™m not sure I will go back to using it. Iā€™m hoping that since HFG seems so much more normal and welcoming that I wonā€™t have any keyboard warriors trying to play detective to deal with here. I like being able to unwind and talk gear, music, and life here and Iā€™ll continue to do so as long as you guys are cool with me being around. Also, I promise you, Iā€™m not some rockstar household name. Iā€™m a dude who drums and writes songs for a moderately successful and thankfully growing/progressing indie rock band. I wish I was hiding some cooler and jucier identity, but Iā€™m not lol! :joy:

Anyways, I know itā€™s annoying and Iā€™m sorry. I will try to refrain from mentioning band related stuff from now on so it doesnā€™t become a big deal and Iā€™m sorry I wasnā€™t smarter and didnā€™t do that from the start. I get comfortable and I forget to be as guarded as I probably should be. Iā€™m also sorry for the novel. :joy::metal::sunglasses:

Edit: Spelling and also I realized that maybe I only explained on headfi and over some PMs so I might not have explained here at all. Iā€™m sorry if thatā€™s the case. I can be a bit forgetful and I apologize if I was inconsiderate enough to never explain.

19 Likes

Man I appreciate the in-depth response. Sorry I missed the initial explanation. The intrigue is somewhat cool. On one hand you could be up and coming and and on the other already be super famous. Yet either way your just chilling with us Joe Schmo here talking with us about gear and music. No offensive taking by me when you bring it up.

7 Likes

This forum is 1000x better than the Shillers on HeadFi myself included LOL

5 Likes

Youā€™ll know if I become a true rockstar because then I wonā€™t have to agree to social media babysitting in my contract anymore lol! Thanks for being understanding, bro. :grin:

5 Likes

In tribute I am listening to S&M 2 right now!

1 Like

Holy SHIT - head-fi just keeps getting worse and worse by the situation, it seems. I genuinely enjoy going to the discovery thread from time to time to see what those lunatics are up to, finding some stuff thatā€™s off the beaten path type IEMs and accessories but I am so sorry some dickhead put you through that, man. Absolutely unbelievable.

I too will refrain from mentioning anything involving your band, brother I really didnā€™t mean anything by it and I hope you donā€™t find it annoying or insisting in any way.

Ps. Im almost positive I have a few ideas as to who may have treated you this way ā€¦ and also, I canā€™t believe you havenā€™t been on head-fi for nearly a month ā€¦ I remember reading your posts like it was a few days ago ā€¦ time is strange thing, man :joy:

3 Likes

Not your fault at all dude. Like I said, I get comfortable and Iā€™ve been really stoked about band/tour stuff so I kinda started mentioning it too much. It happens, but no harm done so no worries.

As for the headfi incident, it wasnā€™t a big deal, I just felt sorry for my friend that lets me use his name and address having to deal with some nutcase. He didnā€™t really mind though and said he figured it would happen sooner or later. Apparently he doesnā€™t really go on facebook anymore and only knew about it because the guy started posting comments on his profile and pics about him being a liar so some friends texted him about it. The person who did it is a fragile ego having twit who git burnt because I disagreed with some things he said. Iā€™m more angry that someone I thought was kinda cool figured it was kosher to pass what he thought was my name and address to some random jackass. Oh well, itā€™s over an done with abd lifeā€™s too short to dwell on stuff like that!

3 Likes

He says knowing GODDAMN WELL this will make us more curious, not less

Heā€™s playing 4D chess with us right now

2 Likes

I am not! Iā€™m playing schoolyard checkers and your paranoid ass is turning it into 4D chess! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

'I wonder which generic Chifi driver finds itā€™s self in the knock off ā€˜Shenā€™heiser IE900?..

Wouldnā€™t it be wild if they sounded the same?
My guess is that they measure like shit

2 Likes

I donā€™t know about these, but I have a buddy that owns a pair of knockoff ie800s from earphoneDIYlabs and they actually sound very good. They donā€™t quite sound like the originals, but they are good in their own right. In fact, if I wasnā€™t opposed to knowingly buying knockoffs/counterfeit goods, then I would have purchased a pair for myself after hearing them.

Edit: But then again earphoneDIYlabs lets you pick the drivers you want in them so my guess is theyā€™re better than your average AE copy.

1 Like

Okay, so Iā€™m doing another round of listening with the Prestige, the Excaliburs and OG Monarchs so I can gather my thoughts. Iā€™ll put together a post on the Prestige tomorrow. Sound good?

5 Likes

Canā€™t speak for everyone obvs, but itā€™s not annoying. Itā€™s interesting to hear about stuff like this (also great that things are back on track with live music and bands touring - not in the least for all the folk who rely on the entertainment business for a living). I love the fact that this forum makes you comfortable enough to sometimes drop your guard a bit - itā€™s a testament to everyone on here that it is such a chilled and friendly place to hang out.

3 Likes

Yume II for 150$. It seem like a quite good offer and more rational in the current market than MSRP.

6 Likes

Iā€™m curious about this oneā€¦ FR looks close to Tea 2ā€™s.

1 Like

Another ā€˜Zeroā€™ iem joins the battle :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like