IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Great timing, I just finished my comparison on the Quarks DSP/Cadenza, and although Cadenza is excellent, for my money, I’m taking the Quarks DSP>Cadenza/Waner and y’all can fight me here :triumph::joy:

8 Likes

Go for it, brother. Hot takes for hot cakes!

1 Like

I really the concept of having those memes attached to the spoke words, though for me as non native English speaker it sometimes is very hard to focus on both at the same time :slight_smile:
Are you planning on getting Tanchjim Zero DSP? It is also below 20$ and highly praised at chifi groups at the moment. As for now it seems to be just IEM with dongle integrated, but they say the preset DSP or at least some small 5 bands EQ would start to work in the next firmware update

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll take that into account for the next video :slight_smile: And no I haven’t! I can only find the graph for the regular Tanch Zero, is there a difference in tuning between the 3.5mm and DSP version?

Based on the graph I think I’d probably prefer the Quarks DSP more, assuming tuning didn’t change.

1 Like

DSP tuning is insane. It lacks everything else, but for 15$ without a need for a DAC? You can make all your normie friends happy with lunch money

2 Likes

Killer Deal on a really nice cable and you can get with Flat 2 pin

C$ 36.33 40%OFF | HAKUGEI Lucky voice headset cable 2.5 3.5 4.4 0.78 mmcx
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKMl8Zy

Spitting facts. If it had better tech gg.

On a sad note, my QKZ HBB’s left side has decided to see itself out after a week (pink is left- the dark purple is the normal right side):

2 Likes

Quick tip if you haven’t tried already - try to replace the nozzle filters. Same thing happened to me a quick filter change fixed the issue for me!

1 Like

Sorry to hear man. I really enjoy that set

1 Like

I don’t see any in the box :thinking: If I need to buy some then I’ll just return it haha - takes way too long to get to me. I don’t think Bezos would mind either :smirk: @nymz

2 Likes

This is very true - I had some lying around so it wasn’t a big deal for me, thank you Mele :handshake:

1 Like

Thank you Chi-fi QC!!

1 Like

The only time I thank chi-fi QC, better believe that :joy:

1 Like

I am thinking about getting the Truthear Hexas at some point, and I am just wondering if it’s worth it for the budget, and what improvements can I get from it since I have been using Moondrop Kato and Seek Real Airship to this day? There are some? Not much? or just buy something else entirely?

Nothing much; very similar but better separation. Based on your preference, I’d just save up for something else like the new planars (HeyDay) or the Mangrid TOP.

2 Likes

HBB just did a video about the Yume II and basically said it was overlooked and deserved more hype.

The fact that it looks like a cheaper Tea2 is impressive. The SeeAudio Yume II is $149 on Linsoul vs $349 for the Mangird Tea2.

1 Like

That is what I am trying to figure out to be honest. From my understanding of Chinese L7 review and comments to that translated by auto translation of google and further discord discussions right now it only differs in the USB-C connection instead of analog jack, however Tanchjim promised (?) to open up the DSP options (presets/EQ) for the users as it is a waste of good DAC/AMP they included :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was telling myself last night during the Dark Magician video. :handshake:

1 Like

Well explained similarities and differences with the other 2 IMs. If I understood correctly, they have one resonance chamber! Maybe the resolution and transients won’t be like IE 600, considering the price.

:slightly_smiling_face: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

That’s a new reviewer for me… I liked it!

First non Sennheiser marketing render I’ve seen of the new “adjust tuning using eartip depth on the nozzle”… and I’m still skeptical. I feel like I’d always accidentally push them to the deeper level by adjusting in my ear. It also will be a hindrance to using some tips if the cores are too long so that they don’t work with this venting model.

Obviously I’ve not experienced it first hand, but I can’t help but feel a different adjustable venting model would have been better.

3 Likes