IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

haha yeah, even less treble than my E5000 (which is a black hole).

1 Like

Couldnā€™t agree more. Yes, itā€™s a dark set without EQ but it literally has EQ built-in and itā€™s an, honest-to-god, good enough 5-band (or actually 6 with the bass boost?) so why not utilize it???

And, yeah, its driver is extremely technically capable. Easily the best DD of all the TWS Iā€™ve tried and Iā€™ve tried them all aside from the AP2 and Buds 2 pro.

3 Likes

have you tried the MTW3? I ask because it has the same driver as the IE series (200/300/6000/900) which is pretty capable

Hello darkness my old friendā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s honestly pretty bad without EQ :joy: but if you know what sound youā€™re looking for you can turn it into a completely different beast with that EQ, I was blown away the first time I got the EQ set up and hit play. These sound much better than $279

I think most people do reviews of these with no EQ applied because I just canā€™t see how most people wouldnā€™t like them after fiddling with it

1 Like

Have you review it?

I have not yet. I loaned them out to @rattlingblanketwoman and I just got them back. Iā€™m going to do that soon, now that I finished up my Rikubuds review

3 Likes

Oh absolutely. But

1. itā€™s not like you have to buy a dedicated DAC/AMP to EQ them. It literally comes built-in!

2. thereā€™s loooaads of online EQ custom profiles for it from Reddit to YouTube to Headfi

Oh I also just want to say, about them is they can also handle pretty much every aftermarket tip since the nozzles are big and long enough with a lip. Definitely canā€™t say the same about Samsung and, of course, Appleā€™s TWS buds.

1 Like

Anyone buy this pkg? Thoughts

C$ 119.71 | HAKUGEI Sea-elf.Double magnetic drive Modular plug 5 to 1 0.78mm mmcx
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtYhktG

Dark is the enemy for most mammals and nightmarish in iems. But can be a blessing for some :slight_smile:
Final e1k and the whole e line without the wouldnā€™t make it to current days if it didnā€™t have pitch black background and 3d imaging as a result. But who is remembering same pitch black backgrounded BGVP Zero?

My little write-up on TWS ANC IEMs: Nymzreviews.com official thread - #6840 by ttorbic

Now that it shot up in price to $85 USD, I think Iā€™ll pass. I was looking at the Sea Elf a few days ago when it was first posted on AE and it was being offered at $65 which was a good deal considering that cable alone I think was worth something like $70. Some guys over on head-fi took the chance, so weā€™ll have to wait and see what those guys think.

1 Like

Super interesting. Hopefully it turns out well. I think the ie600 is a bit overpriced so this could be a good option

2 Likes

I just got the Yanlin Moonlight today. There doesnā€™t seem to be too much written about it here. Iā€™ll give some impressions after i spend some with it. So far, Iā€™m enjoying it running some test tracks and playing acoustic roots and some orchestral music. Nothing is making me think ā€œouchā€ yet. The male vocals are crisp. The bass is punchy, extended just the right amount. Better low end than the Helios and the S8 I listening to before.

9 Likes

Delivery day always feels nice.
Have been eyeing this brand and their cables for a few months and just decided to pull the trigger.

Hakugei Golden Bodhi & Hakugei Kuro

Dunu S&S as well as Tanchjim T300 tips came in at the same time. Trying out the S&S tips on the Monarchā€™s now and they are extremely comfortable, very similar to the translucent Cylinder tips that came packaged with the Timeless except they have a glossier finish, rather than a matte, textured finish. Unsure how this affects the FR but these seem to boost mid bass punch to my ears. Happy listening, gents :handshake:

16 Likes

Yo that looks AMAZING on the Monarch :star_struck:

4 Likes

Seconded :+1:t5:

2 Likes

thats a beautiful pic man! You can really turn headphones into art

2 Likes

Thank you so much, gentleman :call_me_hand::handshake:

Itā€™s a damn near perfect match for the Monarchā€™s, happy with the purchase for sure.

2 Likes

Just grabbed dirt cheap 2nd hand Cadenza today. After 40 minutes of listening I can tell I am really impressed with the tuning and the build quality.

They may be for IEM what Vidos are for buds (being 35$ against 5$ of Vido obviouslt). On the other hand I can imagine Salnotes Zero or Chu or whatever is TOTM now may be even better value for safely tuned IEM.

Technicalities, staging, layering, bass extension are enough for the value or just slightly better. But the tuning makes it crazy to think it costs so little even as compared to something which was considered well tuned last year like KZ CRN.

I would probably end up giving it further to someone in few weeks as I did with most of those KILLER BUDGET sets (donā€™t blame me, but with limited listening time I have I guess I would prefer MEST, Serratus or Erasmus), but there is really nothing to complain about this Cadenza and I would love to be at the beginning of the journey right now looking for something below 50$.

11 Likes