IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

It’ll probably sell well if it’s price under $100, and depending on the drivers used. I guess the treble drop off really confuses me.

Let’s hope it’s just a measurement thing not being accurate past 10K :wink:

2 Likes

It does seem really odd given how smooth the rest of the FR is, and that we know Letshuoer can tune air frequencies. Guess we’ll see how much lack there actually is once the reviews come in, especially given how poorly things measure at that point.

1 Like

If I were to guess they probably did so to not cannibalize the 07M. I mean I aint complaining if it’s under $50

sure hope so…thats bl-03 level otherwise.

1 Like

Yikers :grimacing: Hope Timmy and letshuoer pulls thru

1 Like

I know it is exactly what he would tune for. But I have anti-hype for more neutral-Harmanish tunings

1 Like

1 DD + 1 full range Sonion BA. May be over 100$ in my opinion

3 Likes

I agree, Im donzo with those IEMs. I actually really want to try this rosefinch now as I am on a crazy bass kick

3 Likes

yeah I would assume its coming in around 120-150 USD

:astonished: :dizzy_face: :neutral_face:

1DD+1BA…he can’t have signed off on treble that rolled off

2 Likes

Normally I’d be excited for an 1DD+BA at lower prices from a reputable company, but we have the Hexa at $80 already :joy:

At this point the Galileo is just looking like an OG EJ07 with more mid-bass and smaller staging. Or a better KAI:

Again, if this thing’s under $50, or even $80, then I’m down.

2 Likes

I want to tell my self that Timmy wouldn’t give this go-ahead but then why would he publicly post the measurements? I am disappointed. The shells looked beautiful and I was happy for him, gaining so much traction and recognition over the last year and change. The tuning seems to be the same cut, copy and paste that we’ve seen and deep down, it is a let down.

I was hoping these would be a great set and they very well might be, but I own the Hexa already and I’ve also heard the Kai’s. If I do decide to purchase them, it will only be a token of my appreciation considering he’s helped me with not only entertainment, but also my purchases. I was hoping it would of been because he was attempting to stand out from the crowd and he’s tuned a genuinely great set at the same time.

Oh well. Can’t win em all I guess. I still wish him the best of luck and I hope that outside of the tuning, it has some great qualities.

2 Likes

Depending on the price (if it’s not like $200+) I might still buy it just to support him. It always makes my day a little better when he uploads :slight_smile: It does seem like this tuning is good for scaling, and if it’s a better KAI then that’s pretty good as well.

Wishing him the best with the Galileo!

3 Likes

I am hoping it’s a darker sounding set !

1 Like

As I kind of treat this thread as a pseudo community tab, communicating various off topic and general discussion, before the night ends for us on the east coast of the US I’d like to publicly thank both @rattlingblanketwoman and @GooberBM for allowing me the opportunity to take some glorious pieces of kit home for an extended listen!

You both are amazing and I can’t thank you enough!

I’ve gotten a chance to listen to all of em tonight and I can say that they’re all a flavor of good to great. No duds here, I am happy to report!

I won’t dull up and muddy the thread with more write ups but the stand out for me have to be the Eagles and the Fan 2. Both excellent in their own ways :call_me_hand:

But now … for the main event.

I swear I’m like a school girl here …

14 Likes

I’ve been listening to the Fan 2 chiefly for the last week or two. (Thanks @MMag05 !) in the last week I’ve been especially enjoying them. I’ve had them paired with Dunu S&S tips. Warm, vivid, relaxed, textured. They very much fill the center of my head with sound, but have some good spatial cues, funnily enough I’d say a place I often hear things from is a little above and behind me.

3 Likes

Hearing the mix from behind and above is such a strange phenomenon that I really enjoy. I’ll have more time with the Fan 2 this week so I look forward to experiencing that with this set as well. It’s a great set, the drivers come across as fast. The overall FR is laid back but the speed of the drivers allows for some really minute details to peak through the mix - really enjoyable.

2 Likes

As I said privately, feel free to muck up my thread with thoughts as you go. It’s a safe space.

Take care of my loves, I miss them already

3 Likes

Much appreciated, brother :call_me_hand: will do - let me get over this honeymoon phase I’m going through with the Dark Magicians though … idk what’s going on with me but the DMs are just hitting different after getting them back today.

Nothing sounds as good overall.

Idk what’s happening to me …

6 Likes

Let’s just call it the reunion after a long time apart. You’re just happy your babies are home.

Roll with the feeling

3 Likes